Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Mind...Blasted

Yes, yes, it's been forever. What else is new right? I've been running around like a headless chicken a lot lately. December was pure, unadulterated madness to say the least and I spent almost half of January recovering from the hustle and bustle of it all.

So I was watching this new show Reign right? I only started watching it because it was about Mary, Queen of Scots and I'm a total sucker for these historical drama types of shows. So I watched the latest episode the other day and all of a sudden I found myself in a frenzy of disbelief. Needless to say I am now in the mood for some good ol bashing of every character in the show *evil smile*.

Now, now, Reign fans. Hold your horses and hear me out okay?


Let me just say that my powers of foresight scare me sometimes because before even watching the show or reading a summary or anything, I took one look at this picture and groaned. I groaned for a full minute and thought, "They're brothers fighting over her aren't they?"

Turns out, they're half brothers. One is the future king of France and the other is the king's bastard son. Needless to say I had a cathartic moment and needed to lie down. I realised this was going to be The Vampire Diaries all over again. Only instead of vampires and werewolves there would be royalty and politics. 

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely fascinated by the show. So Mary has been betrothed to Francis, Dauphin of France since she was 6. But she was sent away for her protection because everyone wanted her dead so that Scotland would be up for grabs. At the beginning of the show, she gets sent back to French court where it's assumed that she'll be safer. So the drama begins.

Okay I admit that I usually hate a lot of heroines. An awful, terrible lot. So far, Mary seems to be an exception.


I mean just look at that face. She's adorable :)

So yeah, had no problem with her. She's clever and soooo pretty and well, she's not just a pretty face so that's nice.

Her and Francis have a great connection too. They have the most adorable eye contact.


One would think they would get married and live happily ever after. Then this happens.


So some stuff happens, Mary and Francis fall in love, they have ONE fight (well granted it was a huge fight because some other woman was chasing after him and he was being a bit of a jerk), and then...


You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

Seriously? Poor Francis I tell you. One fight and of all people you go running around kissing his brother?? I mean yeah he's really...


Yeah. Okay fine, so he's really and I mean REALLY pretty and Bash has got to be the most adorable nickname for Sebastian that I've ever heard in my entire life but come ON. You want both the Dauphin and the bastard son? Come on now Mary, don't make me despise you like I despise Elena bloody Gilbert!!

Anyway after all that has been sorted out and Mary and Francis are all happy and getting ready to be married, suddenly the queen (Francis's mother who doesn't hate Mary but is trying to protect Francis. I think.) chooses to tell Mary why she's been making things very difficult for her. Nostradamus (who can kinda see the future) has seen that if Mary marries Francis, he'll die. 

*dum dum DUMMMMMM*

But Mary still needs to marry the future king of France because Scotland and France want to claim the throne of England together. Guess what her solution was.

Legitimize Bash and marry him

Acceptable, of course. She doesn't want Francis to die, but she still loves FRANCIS right???

One episode later, just ONE episode, mind you...


I could not possibly be more confused. I get the whole we've got to make this work even though the politics suck thing. But WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING??????

Does she love them both? Does she love Francis but kinda like Bash, disturbing as that may be because nobody else seems to mind being attracted to two people related by blood at the same time? Does she love Francis sort of, but now is kinda falling for Bash? But....within one episode? 

If Bash wasn't so blue eyed and stubble-y I could have been in serious danger of being completely thrown by the lack of logic here.


But....*sigh*....I suppose I'm okay with that face being all the logic Mary needs. 

It's certainly all the logic I need. *wink*

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...