Monday, December 16, 2013

A Hilarious Carolers Weekend Part II

Ah the second day. The day of distant and faraway houses. Because we could all fit into one van, Avean now had a van full of people to torment. And torment us he did.

House #1
I think it’s safe to say that we carolers are animals when it comes to chocolate. We were at Benjamin and Christina’s (the cousins) place and they had Kit Kats for us. Pretty soon the Kit Kat bowl was empty and when Thea came looking for some, I asked some of the people I had seen pocketing the Kit Kats to give her one. All of a sudden everyone’s secret stash came spilling out of their pockets. Chocolate makes thieves apparently.

So because I was determined to take pictures and I’m not enough of a camwhore to do it at people’s houses, the van was my only other option. Bad idea.

I had somehow fooled myself into sitting at the same spot I was the day before, getting my head knocked on the side of the van again. Clever me. Nat gave me her hat to see if it could cushion the blows and Avean obligingly ‘checked the brakes’ again and I got another bump on my head. I gave Nat’s hat back to her with regretful thanks saying it didn’t work.

Anyway I was trying to get a picture of everyone sitting behind me so I was perched very awkwardly in my seat. Every time I counted down to take a picture the brakes would suddenly need checking and I would go lurching all over the place. The pictures were, without exception, either blurry or very blurry. Pretty soon I was trying to be sneaky about it and still didn’t manage to get a shot because I was busy watching Avean and he was busy glancing into the rearview mirror to see if we were up to anything. It was on one of these times when the brakes got checked that Avean finally managed to make me fall out of my seat -_-

House #2
The second house was kinda hot but we were all managing okay while we were singing. Then lo and behold, when we gave our customary gift of a lighted candle to our host, he switched off the fan so it wouldn’t go out! None of us said anything, we’re much too polite for that. But when everyone started fanning themselves quite desperately the fan came back on. When it was time for food, everyone crowded into the room where the food was. I stayed outside very wisely and yelled that we were taking it in shifts to get our food because of the limited space and well…air. Suddenly everyone came spilling out of the room because it was too hot and I got to take my food first :D

We also managed to cover up a crime scene when Aaron spilt something when he was throwing away his plate cause he was laughing at me. I grabbed the tissues and blocked him while he imperceptibly got on his hands and knees and swiped that mess clean. Although if I were smart I probably wouldn’t be blogging about it.

Anyway on our way to the third and final house for the night, Joash was telling us all a funny story about his video shoot that day. And believe me, the story wasn’t half as funny as Nat’s reaction. I think the entire van was in hysterics for a good 5 minutes at least. At first we were laughing because Joash’s story was funny. Then suddenly we were laughing at Nat’s hysterical laughter. Every time we calmed down, we’d hear her laugh and the whole van would double up with laughter again. Before I knew it I was holding my eyeliner in place with my fingers because I was laughing too hard to look for my tissues. Everyone calmed down when we pulled over because we thought we were lost so we finally sobered up. Turned out Avean just wanted to ask if Nat was okay after all the high-induced madness lol.

House #3
I probably shouldn’t have announced just before going into the house that this was where we screwed up every time we came. I told my people that we should try to break the tradition but we decided to stick to it instead lol. Of all things, I screwed up When A Child is Born. My first ever solo. I should be ashamed.

Anyway one good thing came out of it though. Nygel decided that we were so bad that him joining us would probably be good for us so he said he’s coming for caroling this coming week. YAYYYY!!!! Finally, success. After goodness knows how many years of trying to get him to come for caroling, all I needed to do was screw up a solo while everyone watched :D

Quote of the day has to go to Joash (Surprise, surprise. I swear there’s no nepotism involved here) from when we were at the petrol station before making the trip back to church from Putra Heights.

“I may be a parian, but I still have feelings!!”

Here’s to staying sane til Wednesday when the madness starts up again!

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...