Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Jumbled Mess of Thoughts Part I

I finally decided that it's about time I stop mucking around and update :)

About time, right? Damn, I have so much nonsense to write about!! A not so surprising first would be THE WEATHER. No seriously, hasn't the weather been killing you guys? I feel like all I actively do lately is sweat. Profusely! And might I add that every time it rains I always happen to be sitting in my car stuck in a jam that the weather just makes worse so I haven't been able to fully appreciate precipitation. The fact that I'm sick does not at all help seeing as I've been avoiding air conds lately because I wouldn't want to antagonize the mess that is my blocked nose. Which feels like it has been stuffed with Styrofoam by the way.

Okay, weather rant. Check.

Work, on the other hand, has been going very well. Larry was awesome enough to get me an interview at this new tuition centre he's been working at and as they say, the rest is history. I absolutely love my boss and my coworkers and everything about it. Well except how Desa Sri Hartamas seems to be in a constant traffic jam and the fact that looking for parking in that place seems to be a quest worthy of a Lord of the Rings trilogy. And to my absolute joy, there's so much food places around the centre that even I, the devourer of snacks cannot find anything to complain about :)

Oh and I simply must write about my Valentine's Day experiences. I was reminded about the madness of the day in quite an extreme way when I was passing by this school and some school boy ran in front of my car like a madman. I wasn't going very fast or anything but still, this guy was in considerable risk given that a motorist also had to swerve to avoid him. When he reached the other side of the road I eye stalked him in my rearview mirror to see what he had been running towards because well, I just have way more curiosity towards random events than most people should have. Guess what I saw? This boy ran across the road just to go up to some girl and carry her books for her. Okay, then. It really must have been Valentine's. 

So in the evening I went to watch Tales From The Bedroom, this compilation of 10 short plays at KLPAC. It really was pretty entertaining. I was with Nat and Larry's friend Shimi who both entertained me by always talking to me at the same time. Anyway the play that Larry directed was a great success so I was very proud of him :)



That's me, Nat, Larry, his cast members Marcus and Sharanya, and Shimi.

Anyway after the play we headed to Publika to meet Joash and his crazy friends for a while. Nat, Shimi and I then proceeded to have the awkwardest night ever talking and laughing amongst ourselves instead of with the others because all the other people there were pretty much still in date-mode and were all happy and Valentinesy.

But Nat and I did see this car covered in stuffed animals on the way there. I jumped to the weirdest conclusion ever, thinking that some overzealous boyfriend had covered his girlfriend's car in them before Nat wisely interrupted my crazy thoughts by saying someone was selling them. Yeah, that made way more sense. 



Anyway I had driven Max the Sunny since Joash was the one who actually had a date and all. Not that I didn't have a date, that is. Nat and I had a really great Valentine's Day as girl dates lol. So anyway, I naively thought that if anyone was going to be having car trouble it was going to be me in my dying Sunny right? WRONG.

Just when Nat and I had gotten home and changed into comfortable clothes to munch on our snacks and watch a movie and go to bed, I get a call from my brother telling me that the Persona had a flat tyre LOL. So Nat and I didn't bother to change and went to meet him and park behind him in the middle of the road while he changed the tyre. That's right, me and Nat were there purely for moral support as Joash changed the tyre by himself. Basically he had only called me because he needed one of the tools from Max. 



Which explains why I look so happy in this picture, I guess. I was expressing my delight at the fact that I wasn't needed for actual manual labour :)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...