Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Great Weekend

I know I said it was great, but boy am I tired. Yes, still.

So Friday night it was back to KLPAC for another one of Larry's plays. This time it was 'In A Nutty Shell', this play about prejudices towards the different races in Malaysia. I remember everything else better than I remember the play lol. I remember that I needed almost 40 minutes to get to KLPAC, which is like 10 minutes away from my house. I remember that my poor Max was majorly overheating when I was already running so late. I remember that while I was watching the play (I was 20 minutes late so since I couldn't find anyone in the dark I sat by myself) I managed to locate the general area in which Joanna and Beh Jian Fung were sitting just listening for their laughs. And of course I remember keeping Nat up half the night with our girl talk, practically a must for any girly sleepover. Needless to say, it was a fun night :)

Then Saturday it was off to Melaka for the Father's Day weekend. We had a great dinner at the Portuguese settlement, yum yum. Unfortunately I took no photos. It was very entertaining cause one of dad's former lecturers, known to us as Uncle Michael (actually Prof Michael Northcott) was there with us. He's absolutely hilarious and is a source of unending and unexpected wisdom and humour. It's always great to have him around :)

Sunday was one hell of a long day. The sudden appearance of a terrible haze in Melaka didn't help. It was really bad. I could feel the thing going into my eyes and my nostrils and it was just really, really bad. Anyway, I went to church in the morning, of course. Then had a great Chinese lunch. It helped that Dad kept pouring me beer saying that it was the best drink for the haze lol. Then went home to get my stuff and get on the bus so that I could make it for Larry's surprise birthday dinner at Fridays. So I got to TBS all bleary eyed and sleepy despite my nap on the bus. Speaking of the bus. The Melaka Sentral end of Metrobus is so damn disorganised! They had two different labels for all the seat numbers on the bus. It had all the passengers arguing with each other and eventually I got shooed to another seat by the driver as though it was my fault -_-' So irritating.

Anyway Larry's birthday dinner was a lot of fun. I got to catch up with Ishyshy who I hadn't seen in so long. So adorable la that boy, I missed him :) Then I got to meet a few new people and put a lot of faces to a lot of names.

And of course where there is a celebration, there is camwhoring :D


This has got to be my favourite photo of Joanna, Larry and me :)



And this is another favourite because I look oddly nice despite the look on my face.



Go get 'im Jordi. Rawr.


The noticeably muhibbah Nana gang. Goodness knows how we came to be called that.


Joanna's photobombing skills in action.


Joanna showing off how pretty she looked.


I like this group shot. We look so happy :D

Oh but my favourite of the night has to be this one. Let me be clear here. This was JORDI'S IDEA.


Well fine it wasn't his idea per se. I asked if he could take my weight if I jumped on his back and he wanted to try it :| I did insist that I would break his back but oh well, he got good cardio that night. He almost made it to the escalator near Robinsons from the one near Fridays! Well he probably would have made it if Joanna hadn't stopped him to take this photo commemorating the moment lol.

So anyway yesterday was the brother's 21st birthday. He's officially a man. Well only where age is concerned that is. Headed to Restoran Stadium Negara for an eventful birthday dinner that included calling dog rescuers to help a very adorable and lost-looking dog that was wandering about and worrying us all.

And today is Larry's actual birthday. During which he had to call me so I could wish him lol. That was funny. Sent Max to be serviced in the morning. I spent the evening with Hannah. And now Valentine's here with my sister making the backdrop for the brother's birthday bash this weekend. Shitload of work to do but still can't wait :)

Now I'm going to sit and do my Insurance Practice tutorial.

*sigh* Such an anticlimax. 

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...