Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A New Season Part 3

Ah the Madonna episode.


To all you people who are shuddering in horror right now, chill out. It wasn't as bad as I thought. No Lady Gaga-esque anything. So yes, calm down.


Anyway on to the episode. So Mario Lopez comes out all dimpley and smiley and he says he has a 'game changing announcement' to make which all the crews are only hearing now. Ooooooooohhh what could it be....? Whoa, whoa, whoa, they're eliminating TWO crews today? Bummer. Maybe they'll get rid of those Stepboys fellas. Oh, oh, and those 'I'm so hot' girls from Irratik. Well I guess I'm not so bummed out after all lol.


Anyway then we find out that the first three crews to be saved are Fanny Pak (Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!), Elektrolytes (oh okay) and MOS Wanted (This Ian Eastwood guy is cuter than I remember :s). Well they all deserved it la. So I'm happy :)


And now, what better way to start off the show than with Fanny Pak? :D


Fanny Pak
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : Girls Gone Wild
Challenge : Dancing in heels and 'whacking'?




Dancing in heels?? Even I can't do that with my retarded dance moves and these people are obviously not choreographically challenged like me. So they're freakishly awesome with their moves and now they have to do those moves in heels? I'll start praying now. And whacking? I don't even know if I spelled it right. That's one thing about watching ABDC. I get a pretty good education about dance :p


That aside, Fanny Pak is so funny. All of them are so adorable. I'm still in love with Matt Cady. "Will these heels be the death of us??" LOL


And goodness gracious that performance!! I can't even dance like that barefoot and they did it in heels. In HEELS. Not even those little tiny heels so that they were cheating. They were wearing fucking stilettos!! Gotta love Fanny Pak. Did you see that thing they did with the mirror? Where the girl became that guy?? Soo cool. I was pretty much in awe of the whole performance. Fanny Pak is so awesome.


And seriously now. Seriously. WHEN did JC's eyes get so sparkly?


Elektrolytes
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : Hung Up (Why la? I hate this song :s)
Challenge : Krumping




Ah krumping. At least I know what that is. Though for the life of me I never got it. Anyone remember Street Kingdom last season and how I didn't understand krump at all?


That performance by the way, soooo much better than last week. Are we sure this is the same crew? At least this time I was interested from start to finish. An interesting development. So maybe I might like this crew a tiny little bit. We have progress, people.


And what the hell. I was just saying Lil Mama looked so pretty and so nice and next thing I know she looks like Oprah. Okaaaay.


MOS Wanted Crew
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : 4 Minutes feat Justin Timberlake
Challenge : Popping




WHOAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! What the hell?? That was so amazing I didn't even dare blink throughout the performance cause I was scared I might miss something. When this episode came out I swear I watched this performance non-stop for almost a week. So awesome. Just amazingly awesome. Did you SEE that part that D Bloody Trix highlighted? I absolutely loved that part it was so nicely done and so creative. God, I love this crew.


And goodness gracious every time this Ian Eastwood guy smiles I swear I start to hyperventilate. So adorable!! So I have to admit, for once in my life I kinda...sorta....just a little....*cringe* I kinda laughed at what D Bloody Trix said. About Ian Eastwood coming out front and looking all cute. And just so you know, I just shuddered, waiting for lightning to strike me dead :s Could it be...that D Bloody Trix is *gulp* growing on me?


8 Flavahz
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : Vogue
Challenge : Vogueing?




First of all, of all the crews to save, Stepboys? Really? What on earth did they do to deserve this monumental kindness? And Collizion Crew in the bottom 3? What? Did everyone fall asleep when they were performing the week before? America doesn't know how to vote la.


As for the challenge, I only know what vogueing is (and even though I know what it is, I still don't know how to spell it) because there was a crew in Season 5 whose signature style was vogueing. It was pretty cool at the time. Didn't think these girls could pull it off but boy did they prove me wrong.


I loved this performance. They just did a complete one-eighty from the last time they performed. I honestly thought they wouldn't last long if they were gonna dance the way they did during the Britney Spears challenge but this was a whole other side to them that shocked the crap out of me. And I absolutely loved it. 


Rated Next Generation
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song: Human Nature
Challenge : Thrashing (I really am learning a lot today)



Okay. Brutal honesty time. I don't reaaaally like this crew. 

Yes, yes I know they're kids and I should be nice. But the thing is, I'm not saying they can't dance. They can. But it's just a little....boring and been done before. Damn, I'm evil. 

And who's that girl who said they don't do seductive or promiscuous moves. Promiscuous moves? What does a 'promiscuous move' look like, pray tell? How do you convey in a move that you are promiscuous? Don't use big words if you don't know how, curly haired girl. You insult the English language.

Anyway, I did like the glide part that the guy did. But that's about it. JC was way too nice to them. But then again, I suppose that's why I'm madly in love with him :)

Stepboys
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : Ray of Light (Never heard of it)
Challenge : Move in fast forward


Okay I suppose I don't hate them as much this week. Their performance was okay-ish. 

But that's the thing. You can't be on America's BEST Dance Crew and just be okay-ish. You must be able to blow my mind. *sigh*

D Bloody Trix is really scaring me, too. Giving advice and being all nice. The real D Bloody Trix is on an alien spaceship somewhere, I tell you. They've replaced him with a robot remotely capable of giving real advice.

Okay then. We're down to the bottom three. Two crews have got to go. It's down to Funkdation, Irratik and Collizion Crew. I am so crystal clear on who I want to stay. And look, they're going first.

Collizion Crew
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : Tell Me
Challenge : Line dancing


You know what? I like this performance. Even though it was pretty slow, it had more to do with the song rather than with the crew. And hey, they did what they could with it. It wasn't phenomenal, but despite the song the performance was still interesting and they did some pretty cool things.

I love the way they groove. It's so nice to watch. And I love that drop with his knee thing that guy did; it looked painful as hell and was definitely a 'whoa' moment. And I loved that groove just before they ended with the bull riding thing. It was cool. Much cooler than the Stepboys performance for sure. *sigh* Like I said, America doesn't know how to vote.

Funkdation
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : Gimme All Your Lovin
Challenge : Cheerleading


Whoa. BIG leap from last week when they were boring. Why'd they choose this week to be all good-ish??

I actually liked this performance. The flip in the beginning. The wave thing they did in the middle with the girls in front. Okay I just realised the rest was just okay. But still, so much better from last week. And much better wardrobe choices too :p

Irratik
Week 3 : Madonna Challenge
Song : Express Yourself
Challenge : Jazz (Still learning a lot about dance lol)


I don't really know what to say about this. Hmmmmm.

It was...still boring. I was just staring at the screen and when they were done I was like, that's it? The last part was funny la when they did the 'look at me, look at me' thing which was sort of a shoutout to JC because the last time they performed he said that he hoped they would get past the "Oh my God look at me, oh my God look at me" kind of of choreography. But that was the only thing that stood out to me. Even when they brought out the leashes and when they did the two layer push up thing, I was still bored. So yeah, Irratik's still not a favourite. Still don't mind if they leave.



So anyway at the end the judges chose Collizion Crew. YAY, they get to stay. So there's some justice in the world at least. 

Next'll be the Drake episode. Wonderful. Songs I don't recognise. Can't wait.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...