Friday, July 27, 2012

An Ode To Lord Aragorn

Okay so here's the thing; I was always crazy about Lord of the Rings and almost everyone in it. Fine, I was crazy about everyone in it. Every single person. Down to the last orc. Yes, I even loved that damn eye up in that tower. 

So all your LOTR lovers out there would understand how madly in love I am with Lord Aragorn, who became King Elessar of Gondor and the North. Yes, I am showing off how much I know :p You won't be able to help it, trust me. He's all noble and kind and just. As if that weren't enough he's also rugged and tough and warrior-like and un-freaking-believably hot.


Dammit Aragorn/Viggo Mortensen, why so damn hot??

Anyway I was inspired today to write something in honour of him, from Arwen, his Elven-become-Mortal Queen. Here it is. 

Ode To Aragorn

A sigh escapes your lips, almost unheard over the storm so loud;
A weary smile lights the fire in your strong, proud eyes.
I watch as all cares fall off your shoulders this short night;
As you tell me you are mine until the sun makes its rise.

Your people, who love you, they think they know your smile;
But not the smile only to me you bestow.
The smile that made me yearn during your absence, your battles;
That willed me to your side, through whatever distance that proved a foe.

Your warrior hands, so accustomed to a sword feared and dreaded;
Are no less certain as they reach for mine.
The hands of a healer, though much callused and bruised;
They heal my troubled soul, as no longer for you I pine.

Your voice, gentle, but made for the command of armies;
It is quiet now, sweet as you whisper in my ear.
It sings me a song of love, truth, and faith unrelenting;
Its sweetness and familiarity I ache to always hold near.

The comfort of your embrace is known by many, both common folk and lordly;
But surely they know not of this.
It keeps me warm many a night, as though meant for me alone;
It gives me a taste of pure, unspoilt, unadulterated bliss.

Everyone knows your eyes, wise and kind and loving;
The way they pierce through one's very soul.
They see my being, my sorrow, my happiness and my shame,
Yet they judge not as they gaze, showering love hot as coal.

But I, only I know the peace resting upon your beautiful face;
The peace that takes you as you sleep.
Only I know your every breath as beside me you lie;
Every word that escapes you in the land of dreams so deep.

Much too soon, you awake at the very hour of dawn;
A mantle upon you laid to lead a kingdom of glory and might.
A parting smile, a loving kiss, and I watch you take your leave;
My husband, my Lord, my King and Unwavering Light.


No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...