Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An Atrocity

Okay I never blog about unmentionables if I can help it, but this one I just couldn't let slide.


So I'm sure by now everyone has heard Justin Biebuerghhhhh's (Sorry. Even typing it is hard on the soul.) new single 'Boyfriend'.




Aiyo his face is on my blog. A piece of my soul just died.


Anyway, I'm sure nothing stood out or anything just note the low breathy voice at the beginning, and then the Timberlake wannabe falsetto. And the entire setting of the video too :s


And compare it to this awesomeness.


Yes, I know it's about time I get over NSync already and when it came out I didn't even like 'Girlfriend' but first I have one word for Biebuerghhhhh.

COPYCAT!!!

Or is that two words?

Whatever. One word or two, he is a copycat. As if the two choruses weren't alike enough, I watched Biebuerghhhhh's video and was laughing hysterically at how it was exactly the same concept. Only thing he didn't do was dance on cars. 

Copycat. 

Shall I do similarities?

Number one
Title of the song, obviously.

Number two
Even though JT didn't go falsetto that much in this song, compare Biebuerghhhhh's attempt to JT's tried and tested one. Wannabe.

Number three
Chorus sounds surprisingly alike.

Number four
ENTIRE music video. There was one scene in particular with Biebuerghhhhh and his girl that was so similar to Nelly and his girl. 

Oh well, I guess I'm not outraged or anything. I'm just surprised me that's all. Just so we're clear, I obviously like 'Girlfriend' better.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...