Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Good Week...Outside KL

So I spent the whole of last week at Mom and Dad's place in Melaka. By myself. It was nice. I got to spend some time with them and I didn't waste the whole week just waiting for Shu and Larry and Joanna and Michelle and Anna and all to be done with their finals. And I got to sample some of Melaka's awesome food; chicken ball rice, a very unusual wantan mee, etc. 


Day 1 - Monday


Got to Melaka at about 4. Mom was happy to see me and as soon as I got to the house I sat down in front of the tv and indulged :) Daddy cooked up a storm for my 'welcome dinner'. 


Day 2 -Tuesday


Oh look at that, mom and dad both at work. Mostly lazed around like a pig the whole day. Watched tv and then decided to sample Mom and Dad's wireless. Whoa. Connection so fast. Decided to catch up on Glee Season 3 and Gossip Girl Season 5 online while I'm at it. And Criminal Minds Season 7, needless to say. Dad usually got me lunch or I just had to heat up leftovers. Sometimes watched a DVD or read a book. Routine was so awesome that I repeated it til Friday :p


Day 5 - Friday


Everyone is done with finals and I get frantic thinking they're all gonna go out and celebrate without me. And sis arrives in Melaka in the afternoon, saying that Joash is dying without me it seems (When he came down he told me that the Internet connection back home at KL was so fast when I wasn't around and asked if I could just stay in Melaka. He sure was dying without me. Such an asshole. Urgh.). 


Day 6 - Saturday


What? Mom has to go to school today? Dad is going to work (Well in Dad's case what else is new?)? Oh well, Dad took us out for chicken ball rice for lunch then both Mom and Dad took us to watch Avengers in the evening.  We didn't drive there cause it was so near, we just walked. And it was a nice walk too. It was a nice night out, I have to say; Joash and sis threatening me with spoilers which eventually turned into a spewing of information that could have been right or wrong, then dinner at McD when we got to Mahkota Parade, me asking sis to buy me M&M's at the cinema and her asking me how much Eminem costs (I told her he wasn't for sale. LOL aren't I hilarious? :D), then the movie itself which was totally awesome. I'm definitely watching it again.


Day 7 - Sunday


It's Mother's Day!! So we go to church like good little children and sat with mom right in front. I'm talking first row here. Then I get into a fight with Joash over my pen drive which he didn't want to return because he wanted to play with the magnet *sigh*. Then we get home and help Mom out in the garden for a while, which inspires me to pick up some gorgeous white flowers to put in a bowl of water for Mom. Joash stepped on some of them *angry face*. And of course I was doing this while I was supposed to be packing to head back to KL. But it was all good. Then we all went out for lunch at this awesome restaurant which I kid you not, was called Restoran Sedap dan Murah. LOL. Or was it Murah and Sedap? Something like that.


Then took the bus back to KL and I was back in the big city. 


Day 8 - The Next Monday


I know, I know I was already back in KL so the title of this post is wrong. And 8 days do not make up a week. But it was still a good day, and still outside KL :)


Michelle and Shu and I decided to go to Klang to spend the day with Anna there. It was soooo much fun to just hang out. Had an awesome briyani lunch, walked around in Jusco with the clowns acting like clowns, went back to Anna's place and actually took a nap (This nap was not planned. We were watching tv and eventually all of us just dozed off.), and spent the rest of the evening watching the other three clowns being psychopaths. Oh, oh and I tasted the awesomest pisang goreng I have ever tasted in my life. In my life. It was this stall near Anna's place. I couldn't stop eating them, it was just soooo good. Then we headed back to PJ (Me and Shu didn't realise it was almost 9, we were both happily just lazing around in Anna's room. At least I thought it was about 8, Shu thought it was still 7 something and that it was still bright outside LOL.) for dinner at D Stall where I had their awesome pizza burger. Tasted so good....


So there we have it. Eight awesome days of relaxation :) Sem break's looking pretty good so far.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...