Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Funny Saturday

Last night I had an awesome dream. I was a recipient of an awesome gift. An iPhone. And a Blackberry. And other awesome gifts. I was also at church sitting outside in the rain at a table in the parking lot with mom asking me why we weren't having bible study but let's forget that part. So yeah, I woke up in an incredibly good mood.


Somewhere between getting breakfast while sis was dusting the dining room (what??) and sitting to have breakfast in the living room while she attempted to clean the fan (HUH??? Did it possibly occur to her that cleaning the fan was not done while people were eating there? Lol!!) and hanging out the clothes and cleaning all the fans and sweeping the floor and screaming at Joash to get off his butt and do something and being so tired I almost died my good mood disappeared. Well, no surprise there lol.


I had a very funny thought when I was cleaning the fan in mom and dad's room. By this time I had already been at my chores for about an hour so I was all sweaty and disgusting. So I'm up there, my head next to the blades of the fan, standing very unstably on the ladder when I feel the sweat rolling down my back and I think to myself, "Damn, it's really hot. I should switch on the fan."


LOL. No, no I do not have a death wish. All that stress of impending finals must be getting to me. My mind is slowly...well, being lost.


The entire afternoon just rolled by without me realising that I was supposed to be studying for my Financial Econs test next week. I was watching a stupid Hindi movie on TV2 cause there was absolutely nothing else on called 'Do Knot Disturb'. It was the dumbest shit I've seen in a while now and I wished Shu and Larry were there so that we could all laugh at its ridiculousness and bitch about how Hindi movies suck. I didn't bother to watch the end, I switched channels to TV3 to watch another Hindi movie called 'Kambakktht Ishq'. I don't know what material they had on these people but they somehow convinced Sylvester Stallone, Denise Richards and Brandon Routh to make special appearances. The movie sucked of course, but it was far better than bloody 'Do Knot Disturb'.


In the evening the whole family went for Uncle Joseph Manuel's birthday party at Selangor Club. It was really fun. It was an open bar (ahem, ahem) and the food was awesome. I've never tasted better fried brinjals with yogurt, or aloo ghobi, or fish cutlets :D And towards the end Auntie Jessica started dancing with everyone; dad, Uncle Tony, Rev Andrew. It was hilarious :D


Then when we came home mom, sis and me went through the four boxes of stuff that this church member, Karen Abraham was giving away. It was all this absolutely gorgeous clothes, most of which couldn't fit me. Which obviously renewed my zeal to lose some weight already. So yeah, I have new clothes now. Whoopeeee :D


Speaking of Karen Abraham, the church recently started this Home Fellowship thing, where church members meet in each other's houses and have little bible studies and have food and a good time. So yeah our particular group, who meets in Karen Abraham's house, just started on Wednesday. It was really fun, surprisingly. I thought it would be extremely boring and we'd have absolutely nothing to do there but I'm actually looking forward to the next meeting! We had awesome food and the bible study was kept very short. So it was mostly food and talking and wine. My kind of gathering :)


One funny moment was after the bible study was over, when Auntie Karen and Uncle Indra, her husband, asked if I wanted more wine. When I said yeah sure, mom was all like hey you have class in the morning. I was so surprised cause mom was having wine and she had to go teach a class the next day. All I had to do was sit in a class where the lecturer wasn't gonna bother whether I was paying attention or not. And my sister was already sitting there with a glass full and she had to go to the hospital the next day for her placement and treat patients. Sure Ma, I'm the one you should worry about lol.


Anyway tomorrow's church day. People better come. Oh wait, I mean later today :)


By the way, I've never really been a fan of Rihanna. I found her voice unremarkable and very lazy-sounding which used to piss the hell outta me. The only thing that saved her was the fact that her songs were catchy and extremely addictive. But this song I gotta admit that I really love. Maybe Rihanna ain't that bad after all. 


Rihanna - California King Bed




Damn that guy's so hot.WHY did he get so little screen time? Damn.


Anyway I guess that's it for this post, even though I have a weird feeling that I'm forgetting something. Night all :)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...