Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Truly 'I Did Absolutely Nothing' Weekend

Yes, even today I did pretty much nothing lol.


Went to church in the morning as usual. Then after service had a 'family meeting' after so long. It was nice la. But then waited and waited and waited in the courtyard for all my clown friends. And it turns out they all decided not to come to church today :s There flew all my plans for lunch. And Joash finally decided to come home and rest today. Good for him. He can get better now.


So went to Brickfields with mom and sis to get our saree blouses done for dad's consecration in October. Yup, we plan way ahead, we Selvarajs. Or at least, mom does. I asked her this morning over breakfast if I should give the shop the material for a Punjabi suit that I've been hanging on to for quite some time now cause well, we haven't gone to make saree blouses since Christmas. And you know what she said? That it would depend which I'm going to be wearing to dad's consecration. In October.


I couldn't help but laugh when I asked her if she wanted me to decide what to wear to dad's consecration right then. And she in all seriousness told me that yeah, I probably should. LOL It's in October


Speaking of which, how scary. I'm soon going to be known as the Assistant Bishop's daughter. As if being the Dean's daughter wasn't scary enough, right? Oh well.


After the saree blouse thing, just had lunch with mom and sis in Brickfields. Going to Brickfields always makes me feel so Indian. Getting saree blouses sewn, lunch at Seetharam. The only downside was that I barely understood what the saree-blouse-lady was saying to me when I chose the design for my saree blouse. Kept turning to mom to ask what she was saying. Like such a dumbass.


Ah yes, since we're on the topic of mom. People in my family seem to have developed this annoying habit of telling me important information when I'm sitting in my room with my earphones on. They don't seem to understand that I listen to my music and watch my shows at a very high volume to block out their voices. And here's the weird part. They don't even stop at the door to give me the information. They just walk past my room, not even looking at me, talking as they go. How I know they're talking to me? :s And they don't even wait for me to give some verbal or non-verbal indication that I've heard them. I think it's some kind of experiment they're conducting :s No wonder la mom thinks I'm rude lol. If she thinks I can hear her that means all this while whenever she says something to me, I just completely ignore her. LOL I wonder how on earth I've gotten away with it for so long.


So yeah, this morning I saw sis taking out sarees all and I was wondering what on earth she was doing. So I asked her and she was like, "I told you last night what." And obviously I said she didn't. And you know what she said? 


"Oh I don't know if you heard me lah."


LOL then why didn't she check for some reaction from me? A nod, a gesture telling her to shut up cause I was watching Friends, something. But no, I didn't even know she had opened her mouth. My family are clowns la.


Only Joash knows how to tell me something when I have my earphones on. He'll come into my room, wave his fingers two inches away from my face, indicate that I should take off my earphones even when I tell him I'm not playing any music and can hear him perfectly fine with the earphones on. But no, he doesn't take that for an answer and waits until my earphones are off before telling me what he needs to say. That's how you gotta do it, familia!


So I've been watching ABDC season six performances since I got home from lunch. Yup, all afternoon. I miss watching 787 crew, they were so awesome. Every single performance had my jaw on the floor. And Daniel Torres is just so adorable despite the red and green hair. Anyway I found this fairly recent performance where they were qualifying for Hip Hop International 2011, I think. It's not as awesome as their ABDC performances and the quality ain't great. But hey, it's 787 and they're awesome so yeah :D




And on that note, I am off for the day.


Oh by the way, remember that Loss Models online exam that I was so happy the deadline got extended for? I just saw Puven, this really smart guy from my batch at UTAR post on his Facebook that it was a disaster. If it was a disaster for him, I really should just throw in the towel now. Die.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...