Friday, July 29, 2011

A Post-Assignment De-Stresser

Okay, I admit my assignment isn't quite done yet. But in my defense, my role in it is quite a passive one at the moment so I might as well blog while I'm in the mood :)


So first of all, I have a shocking announcement to make. Truth be told, I'm actually a little ashamed of admitting this, but oh well, this is my blog and I really should be honest. *sigh* I shouldn't have given in to temptation, peer pressure, whatever it is people choose to call it. I know that but...it was just too hard. Okay, okay I'm getting to the point now. I, Ellana Selvaraj....


Have been wearing slippers to uni all week.


Three years at UTAR finally got to me. I am now no better than all the others there who don't give a damn how they look when they go to uni. Then again most people have probably already figured that out. And besides, nobody even noticed I was wearing slippers until I pointed it out. So nobody else cares how I look either. So yeah. Whatever.


Moving on. I'm finally done with my part in the Business Law assignment. I'd blog about it but I'm so tired of seeing the accursed words 'exclusion clause'. I swear I will die if I have to type it out one more time.


And of course Malaysia didn't beat Singapore. I would have watched the match but I might have jinxed it, so I didn't. I was grocery shopping with mom and sis anyway. Yes, as Malaysia attempted to make history I was pushing a trolley around Jusco. What else is new?


Joash made his escape, what with him coughing up his lungs and all. He's trying to latch on to the power of his mind to convince himself he's not sick but so far it's not working. I tried to get him to stay home tomorrow and rest but to no avail. Apparently his classes are just that interesting. Damn. I'd never put that much effort into going for Survival Models or Financial Econs :s


Oh but I did make history today. Shu came over and she was sleepy so I was talking my mouth off about *NSync and how much I'm madly in love with JC when a miracle happened. Apparently, dumbass that I am, I never actually really tried to get Shu to listen to *NSync. I played her 'O Holy Night' once. And that was all it took. 


She got goosebumps when she heard it. Goose-freaking-bumps. Even Shu can't resist the awesome 5 part harmonies that is *NSync. If I can convert Shu, I can take over the world :D


Speaking of *NSYNC..... *wide ass smile*


Nobody panic. I just found this awesome blues version of 'I Want You Back' which I can't believe I haven't heard before. Here's the original version, which I also love obviously because JC Chasez looks so gorgeous.



*SIGH* He looks so hot when he's driving. Oh and when he was taking that shot at the pool table. Oh and when he pointed right at the camera at the first chorus at that "when I want YOU back" part. Oh and when he and Justin were fooling around at 2:44. *sigh* Why JC? Why do you have to be so damn hot? Gosh I miss *NSync.


Okay what was my point again? Yes, yes moving on *sniffle sniffle*, here's the blues version that they did during their 'Celebrity' tour. They did this really cool thing with the bridge, putting together all the lyrics from their past hits. It was so clever. Went something like this, starting at around 2:12.


This I Promise You (From 'This I Promise You', obviously)
It ain't no lie (From 'Bye, Bye, Bye')
Tearin Up My Heart (Again, obviously from 'Tearin Up My Heart')
Since you said Bye, Bye, Bye (Duh)


It's Gonna Be Me (Kinda obvious too, from 'It's Gonna Be Me')
That makes your loneliness stop
If you won't be my Girlfriend (LOL from 'Girlfriend', I used to hate that song)
My heart will surely Pop (Another obvious one, from 'Pop')


I'd like to spend a little more time with you (Okay a little less obvious, from 'God Must Have Spent')
Doin our thing and Sailing like we used to do (Another less than obvious one, from one of their earliest hits, 'Sailing')
No Strings Attached! (I've mentioned this song/album enough times so if I have to say it again.....*crack knuckles*)
Baby, I Want You Back (Duh)


But the truth remains.... (Okay not too obvious, from 'Gone')


They're so creative. Okay now you're ready for the video :) It's not too clear but its the voices that matter, so don't dare complain :p




The awesomeness that is JC's voice. Goddamn. Did you hear that big finish? Justin wasn't kidding when he said 'big'.


And the guys are so funny! "Pretend you're at church" la, then the way Chris says "Pretend everyone's in their underwear" and JC looks at Joey and goes "Oh my GOD." They're so funny, even in their interviews. I never get tired of their antics :)




So yes, my love for *NSync will never die. And apparently neither will my obsession with JC lol.






It's been almost a year! I'm still not over him. This is highly unusual by the way. I thought he was just a phase. I had plenty of phases before; I had a James Franco phase, an Eminem phase, a Cristiano Ronaldo phase, so many la. But none have lasted this long. I'm crazy, I know. 


So yes, I'm tired now. At least I have a sort of understandable blog update. That's not bad for a post that was written at 12am :) Oh but before I go, let's just hear it one last time. For today, that is :)




JC Chasez, I still fucking love you.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...