Friday, July 29, 2011

An Interesting Day

Yeah interesting it was. But the price of interest, let me tell you, is energy. I'm so freaking tired!!


We were handing in our Business Law assignment today. What a disaster it was. Spent the whole day tweaking and re-tweaking it and it still ended up looking horrible. The amount of effort that went into those 50-odd pages...


The sleepless nights I spent doing my part which included explaining an entire amendment act, the two hours of Loss Models that I didn't pay attention in cause I was more concerned about Shu finishing off her part of the assignment, the hour of Financial Econs that I didn't pay attention in... Okay fine that was because watching Aaron playing Angry Birds then stealing his phone to play Fruit Ninja was too much fun, but let's get back to the amount of effort that went into my Business Law assignment.


Then the hours spent in the computer lab in SE block trying to get the stupid webpages to fit nicely into a Word document, the stress of the deadline creeping up on me and Shu, making me yell at her a whole lot more than usual (sorry sayang, I don't know how you put up with me), then the walk to TBR under the hot freaking sun to print the assignment and tape bind it, the walk back to UTAR under the hot sun to pass up the assignment... and finally the waltz into class (an hour and a half late) to pass up the damn thing. But wait, that's not all. Shu decides to check the assignment one last time so she opens it, turns to me and just says one word. "Darling...." And it hit me.


We didn't print out the last webpage which wouldn't fit onto the Word document so needed to be printed out separately. And I had estimated what page it would be all and confidently typed with my answers to 'refer to page 54 for full attachment of terms and conditions'. Ah, the mythical page 54 that was doomed to never be in existence. The lecturer is either gonna laugh or cry when she sees the assignment. I hope she has a good sense of humour.


Then it was back home to sit for the Loss Models online exam which I was completely unprepared for. And just when I was already so tense and needed some peace and quiet at home, Joash brought like half his class back home to do some shooting thing they had to do. *sigh* But yes, Loss Models. I was all pumped up and energized (okay that's a lie, I was so tired and sleepy by then) to study and get it done. But before that I just had to watch Masterchef Australia, which has become my new vice. This guy Alvin is just so funny and I just found out that he grew up in Malaysia! No surprise there though. Malaysians always run off to Australia lol. And there's another guy, Callum who's just too adorable for words. And the food *drool*. I'm always hungry after watching it but that's my only qualm :)


There's this one part where Alvin was so adorable. Their challenge was to make a macaroon tower and he was really nervous about it. Apparently he had tried making macaroons before and it was a disaster. But at the end, his was the best among the 4 contestants who had taken the challenge! 


Watch the part at 8:54. 






If I can do macaroons, I can conquer the world. LOL


So yes, after Masterchef was over was when I really started to panic. I wasn't ready for Loss Models!!! So I sat in my room and shut the door to sit and study. But that's when suddenly Sanjeev is texting me la, Chris is calling me la. And obviously I'll take any reason to procrastinate studying so I'll layan them all. Then God's grace shone upon me in the form of a phone call from Anna (oh what a coincidence) Grace, telling me that the deadline for the online exam had been extended to Tuesday. 


Hallelujah!!


So I had my dinner in a relatively calmer state of mind. Oh but I had such an embarassingly awkward moment today. It is awkward coming outta the shower holding your towel and dirty clothes in front of a kitchenful of strangers who happen to be your brother's college friends :s


So here I am, jobless again. I can't believe I'm done blogging, I thought I had so much to blog about. Ah well, maybe I'm just getting better at vomiting out what I want to say :)


That's it for now...I think. I'm too tired to figure out what I'm forgetting so whatever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg your brother's friends are gonna be staring at you more excitedly from now on

Lil Miss Sarcasm said...

Eeeeee...I came out with my clothes on thank you very much for the disturbing image :s

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...