Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Happening Life...Kinda Part 3

Still in bed, everyone's still asleep, still listening to *NSync. This is the last post of the day, I promise :)


I injured Max today :( I drove to uni for this event at uni called Actuary Today. All the Actuarial Science students were 'compelled' to go by this lecturer who was organising the event. In other words, attendance was going to be taken and it was compulsory for us to attend at least one talk. Damn. So yes, Max is now missing a side view mirror. Yes, I drove home with one side view mirror sitting on my dashboard and the other side view mirror malfunctioning as it usually does. This stuff only happens to me.


So Qades somehow convinced me and Larry (with Larry it was easy, all Qades had to say was 'seven course dinner') to accompany him to this IET dinner tonight cause he was going to be getting some award. The IET is the Institute of Engineering and Technology. Yes, it was an engineers event. And I'm a student of Actuarial Science. But you see, I so bodoh. I thought I was just keeping Qades company. Imagine my shock and surprise when we were driving there and Qades told us to just say we were engineering students if anyone asked.


Let me tell you, these people are engineers. If I were to say that I was doing an engineering course, I was sure they'd go on to ask me how my subjects were and what we've been doing in each subject. Being so immersed in Actuarial Science for the past 2 years, I haven't exactly thought to remember everything that Qades tells me about his course. But of course Larry had a panic attack much sooner than I did lol.


Larry was a nightmare today. At the dinner he kept getting so excited that he had to pretend to be an engineer. He started to...I can't even begin to describe his behaviour. Suffice it to say that I felt like Qades and I were the parents of a precocious toddler (the toddler being Larry of course) trying to make him behave himself at a formal event. Several times I had to stop myself from causing him bodily harm. Even Qades, who has the patience of a saint got annoyed lol.


On the bright side, Larry truly made me feel thankful for Joash today. Thank you, God, for giving me Joash instead of Larry. With Larry I would have gone bonkers about a decade and a half ago. Yes, I would have been 5 years old.


Anyway, we were sitting at a table with some of the engineering lecturers from the UTAR Kampar campus. They asked one too many questions about engineering so eventually Larry and I just stopped talking so that only Qades had to answer their questions. Goodness, they would have thought we were dumb or something.


Oh well, it was fun. No Larry, it was not fun because you made my life miserable all evening. Lol, I wouldn't do it again anytime soon though. 


Okay, I'm done blogging. Oh look, it's 1.21am and I have to wake up early to go to church tomorrow. But I'm still listening to *NSync :s

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...