Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Happening Life...Kinda Part 2

Yes, I'm still listening to *NSync in bed while everyone's asleep. I forgot what I was about to blog about. Hmmm let's see what have I been up to lately? JC Chasez, the most depressing movie I've ever watched called Cold Mountain, watched the last Harry Potter movie (which was a Tamil movie in disguise), JC Chasez, hanging out a lot with Shu, JC Chasez, finally getting Joash to let me drive to uni, JC Chasez, worrying all week about cooking on Friday. Yes dinner on Friday was what I was going to blog about.


So on Friday Joash and I rushed  home from class like crazy people. As soon as I got home mom asked me with this huge skeptical frown on her face what I was going to cook. That 'what do you think you're doing?' look on her face was scary shit. So yes, I had already prepared what was supposed to be a chocolate pudding and the salad by the time reinforcements (in the form of Larry and my sister) arrived. And thank goodness because Dad was getting cranky and the main course wasn't ready lol.


It didn't help that we had some err...issues with the fish.
1. There was too little! When I bought the fish it looked like so much and when it thawed it looked like...miniscule little pieces.
2. The fish kept tearing off in little pieces.
3. The oil loves my skin. Kept jumping on me whenever the fish went in the pan. Spent a lot of time with my hands under running water.


The fish was a huge success. After all that blood, sweat and tears, thank goodness it was a huge success. But Dad at one point got so impatient he threatened to leave to have dinner outside. He was just a little cranky. Hasn't finished his assignment. When it's done I swear I am going to fall on my knees and praise the good Lord for sparing us further agony. Oh well he felt bad about it later and got all loving and kind on me after everyone left. 


Back to the fish, everyone loved it (except Joash who did nothing but harass me while I was cooking and then throw criticism at me once the food was done). But as usual I got a little over excited with the spiciness and ended up making everyone cry :D 


The salad was another huge success. I got Larry eating salad. He HATES salad. So yes, that's one recipe worth keeping. The chocolate pudding was a major failure though lol. As Joash and Chris so kindly put it, it was just melted chocolate. Luckily Larry brought a hazelnut cake that he had baked. So we just coated the cake with my 'melted chocolate' and had that for dessert. Thank you Larry for saving the day :D


So dinner was fun :) 


Stephanie had me and Joash scared shitless for a while. She was supposed to join us for dinner and told us around 9pm that she would let us know when she was near our place. And at 11pm she still wasn't here. We were taking it in turns calling her and panicking. Thank goodness at almost midnight she called to tell us that she had fallen asleep in the cab lol. She was lost somewhere in Subang of all places. 


So that was dinner on Friday. We should have another one soon. Reyhan's gonna be on break soon and Leanne's sports day is over. As soon as everyone's free I am going to take full advantage and fill the house with screaming adolescents :)


I still have lots to type so I have just decided to make this a three part post. 


I was watching this again for the millionth time today too. JC Chasez is so hot. And so funny. It's a collection of his comments as a judge on ABDC Season 5. And I hate that girl he found sexy. I just hate her. Okay fine I don't hate her. I just....hate her :s




Oh the perfection that is JC Chasez. He's so adorable, check out 1:19. I could watch him day in, day out and never get bored :)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...