Monday, July 11, 2011

A Busy Time

Oh my goodness my last blog post was on July 4th. No, no, my sudden revival of my blog has not taken a plunge. Believe it or not I have just been too damn busy.


I had three tests last week. In a week. There was the Loss Models online test, where even with my notes and tutorials scattered around me I made some awesome blunders, earning me a four out of ten. Yes. With my notes and tutorials to refer to. Four.


Then there's the ever awesome Financial Economics, the manifestation of all that is evil, the bane of my life, made to make my life miserable. Let's not even talk about that.


And then there was Business Law which I felt reasonably prepared for and at the last minute (We are talking the eleventh hour here people, Shu and I walked into the lecture hall and she was announcing it like half an hour before the test was supposed to start.) the test got cancelled. Isn't my life awesome?


Anyway, Saturday was Jenitha's 21st birthday party. It was the first birthday party that I had to miss this year. It sucked. Obviously there is no need to say why. It had to do with a CLEANliness issue going on here. Had something to do with YELLOW, YELLOW, DIRTY fellow. Okay, okay cutting the crap lol. The Bersih rally had almost all roads leading out of my place blocked so I was trapped at home. Needless to say, mom had us all on lockdown for the day. And yes, I could have studied. That is a fact. Here's another fact-I didn't study. You know when I studied?


Sunday morning at church while everyone was at 10.30 service. 


Yup, that's right. Brought my notes to church again and studied a little. Until Joash decided he was bored enough to talk to me, that is. Before I knew it, Michael and Bryan and Chris and 'Bryan' were there and there went my hopes of studying. Then we were talking about going for lunch and in the end it was just me, Joash, Stephanie and Chris. Went to Bangsar for lunch at Nirwana's for a real finger licking good lunch.


Lunch. Huh, yeah right. Got home at 5 something. 'Lunch' lol.


But it was so much fun hanging out with Joash and the two Kumars. I have now decided to embark on a project to capture all of Stephanie's awesome expressions and compiling them :) Hmmm while I'm at it I should start writing down all of Chris's choice fidgety moves too. So yes, despite Stephanie's death glare whenever *NSync is mentioned and Chris's continuing threats to kick me out of his car whenever I get in, I had an awesome time :)


And when did I study for my test on Monday that started at 8.30am, you ask? Why, last minute creature that I am, of course I waited til I got home from 'lunch' and studied right up to 9pm. At which point my fever kicked in and I went to bed only to wake up less than an hour later, and then to be woken up again when my head was pounding and my eyes felt like they were being burned in their sockets. And yes, I did set an alarm to wake up later at night to at least go through my tutorials. But my awesome Sony Ericsson decided to fail me. Alarm rang but there was no sound :s


Imagine my panic when I woke up in the morning. Well on the bright side, my fever was gone. And I had a test to sit for in less than 2 hours. That sure was a comforting thought. It went okay though, so thank goodness for that.


Today, I hate Joash. It is completely unfair that he gets to go to a college with food that is not only edible, but awesome tasting!!! He should die. I get UTAR, where they give us dead vegetables, small portions with suitably proportionate higher prices and fried lizards, a delicacy unique to FES. I can never eat at the UTAR cafeteria again, not after seeing the awesomeness and the liveliness of the KTAR cafeteria. Damn.


It was also exceedingly pleasant to not have the annoying music playing in the background. For the past 2 weeks, there's been a booth at the cafeteria advertising the 30 hour famine thing that happens about 3 times a year if I'm not mistaken. I'm all about getting food to hungry children, trust me. But why must they keep playing that promo thingy over and over and over...


The promo by itself is fine. But that music. That accursed music that I have been hearing for 2 weeks straight whenever I sit in the cafeteria. And I sit in the cafeteria really often by the way, my friends and I spend hours there. Somehow the noise helps us 'study'. So yes. I know that bloody music by heart. They have Aaron humming that shit when we're not in the cafeteria. *shudder* The horror.


Anyway, I really should be studying Loss Models now. Got another online test this week which I'd better do well for and a test on Friday during which I won't have my notes and tutorials to refer to. And not forgetting my Business Law test, also on Friday, which I also should study for. Maybe tomorrow I'll blog about the nice book I read today that Christina borrowed from the UTAR library. I know right, who knew they had nice books?


Oh and something really funny happened yesterday. Joash wanted to talk to someone about this trauma he went through and he probably couldn't find anyone online and didn't have credit to call anyone so he had to settle for talking to me. And after he told me about it he said this image came to his mind but he didn't wanna tell me what it was. Obviously my curiosity wouldn't let it go so I pestered him until he left the room. Then he came back to the room ready to talk and this is what he said,


"Okay so here's what happened. There was this...I mean...I can't do this."


And he walked out. If I hadn't been so sick I would have been laughing my ass off :)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...