Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Forced Epiphany

I'm worried. 


Apparently I have a type now.


So lately I've moved from my JC Chasez phase to a quite senseless Zayed Khan phase. Yes, I have been actually sitting and watching awful Hindi movies, believe it or not. It's been very entertaining. Obviously as soon as word got out, Shu and Dhinaa were the first to strenuously object. I was quick to point out to Shu that this was her chance to hear less about JC. But it's not like Zayed Khan's any better to hear about lol. At least his 'serious' Hindi movies were a great source of entertainment and a great reinforcement of why Hindi movies rock if you just wanna sit there and criticize something.


For example, check out this Hindi movie called Mission Istaanbul.






It looked so serious and it was about something sad so I thought that I was surely gonna end up bawling over my laptop at some point. Instead I spent the entire movie laughing. There are too many reasons why.


Reason #1


There was this one point when this girl, a stranger to the plot comes in and throws herself at the 'hero', Vikas. So she's drunk and she comes on to him and stuff and he tells her that he's married. Whatever. So when he leaves suddenly she becomes Miss Super Spy with this really stupid 'Bond girl' expression. She picks up her phone, and you know what she reports?


Vikas is still in love with his wife. 


LOL. Way to ruin a Miss Super Spy moment.


Reason #2


Towards the middle of the movie, the 'hero' Vikas, Miss Super Spy and some other Cool Dude Wannabe are being chased by the bad guys intent on killing them and recovering this pendrive with incriminating information on the bad guys. So there's this car chase and all, whatever. Eventually they get away from the bad guys. Picture this, they stop the car at this harbour with lots of ships around with really intense, serious music in the background. Everyone's really tense, what with their being chased and people wanting them dead and all. So I'm thinking, okay they're getting out of the car to get on one of the ships to get the hell out of Istanbul to go back to India. And you know what they do?


They get out of the car to have a can of Mountain Dew.


LOL it was so out of the blue and so funny.


Reason #3


About a very long time into the movie, Miss Super Spy dies (thank goodness). And in her last dying moments, she tells the 'hero' and Cool Dude Wannabe to call her boss who'll get them to India, and to safety. So after they get the hell outta there, they're all sad and stressed out, wondering what to do. And the 'hero' calls Miss Super Spy's boss who asks them to meet him at a hotel. It's such a tense situation and suddenly...


There's a song.


LOL it came completely out of nowhere and had nothing to do with the situation. The first time I watched it I was stunned into silence and then I couldn't stop laughing. So halfway through the song I'm thinking, okay maybe the guy singing the song is Miss Super Spy's boss and this is how they're introducing him. But no, he had nothing to do with the situation whatsoever!!! LOL


Reason #4


At the very end of the movie, the 'hero's even more heroic wife comes to Istanbul like a genius to bring him home and obviously the bad guys capture her. And when the 'hero' goes to save her, you know what kind of conversation they're having while the bad guys are tying him up? Allow me to show you..


'Hero': How are you?
Wife of 'hero': I am really sorry, Vic. By coming here, I've added to your problems.
'Hero': Shhhh. You have come here, because you love me.
Bad Guy: Enough, we don't have time for a love song.


Oh yeah, very practical conversation to be had in front of bad guys. Very realistic lol. It was so damn funny even Shu and Larry were laughing.


Reason #5


Obviously there had to be a fight scene between the 'hero' and the Bad Guy. And the Bad Guy must have been gay cause during the fight scene, he tore off the 'hero's shirt and then proceeded to take off his own. Is this a fight or foreplay? Lol 


I'd better stop here. I have too many reasons and I should really be getting back to my forced epiphany. 


So as you can see, I was drooling over JC Chasez's performance of 'This I Promise You' with Matthew Morrison yesterday. So today I posted on Facebook that I've come to my senses and that JC Chasez beats Zayed Khan any damn day. Joanna's comment shocked the crap out of me. It sent me into a whirl of denial and then horrific acceptance. She said, 'Hmm, they have similar facial structures. What is up with you and guys who look like that?'


Once I got over the surprise that she bothered to even Google Zayed Khan, I made some comparisons of my own and guess what? Joanna is *gulp* right.




Oh. My. God.


The hair. The facial structure. The shape of the eyes. The cheekbones. The lopsided almost-smile. 






THE SAME PHASE WHERE THEY GREW OUT THEIR HAIR!!!! THE SAME TILT OF THE HEAD!!!


But...you know....other than all that...they don't look thaaaat alike, do they? :s

1 comment:

JOanna said...

LOLOLOLOLOL thanks for going through all the trouble just to validate my point, hahahahaha!

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...