Monday, May 16, 2011

Westzone? Boylife?

Going to the gym today was hilarious. Apparently the trainer and I are now such good friends that he can tell me very err...intimate details about him and his girlfriend. *shudder*


For some reason, guys tend to love talking to me about their girlfriends lol. I suppose I have the 'tell me about your girlfriend' face. Just like Larry has the 'tell me your life's story' face :)


Anyway, this post is taking ages to type cause the fingertips of my left hand are still numb and sometimes there's still a flash of pain. I literally played the guitar until my fingers bled lol. Isn't that an awesome anecdote at a dinner party?


Moving on to the point of this post now. Okay so everyone knows about the super boyband NKOTBSB, right? Awesome performance at the American Music Awards that brought back the awesome eighties and the even better nineties :)


NKOTBSB at American Music Awards 2010




I was so excited when I was watching it. I mean I knew who New Kids on the Block were but I had never heard their songs or anything so mostly I was just excited that Backstreet was back :D


So what I thought was gonna happen was that they were just gonna go about performing more mashups of their earlier hits. What I didn't know was that they were actually putting an album out as NKOTBSB. Silly of me, I know. But there were 2 boybands on stage and I'm a girl okay, do the math. Translated that means - I wasn't thinking.


So they came up with a single 'Don't Turn Out The Lights' and it sounded...well..what word do I use here? Boyband-ey. Lol I'm sorry that's the best I could come up with. But it's pretty okay :)


NKOTBSB on Dancing with the Stars performing 'Don't Turn Out The Lights'






So turns out they're doing pretty well. Then came another surprise union. Are you ready for it?? Are you sure??


Boyzone and Westlife.



I heard it on the radio yesterday and the DJ was like, "What would they call themselves? Westzone? Boylife?" It cracked me up so much dad was staring at me wondering if he should maybe be concerned. And I checked online too, apparently it's not made up. Here, take a look.

They performed together as a tribute to late Boyzone member, Stephen Gately. To all you curious people...


Westzone/Boylife performing 'No Matter What'






Okay, I had forgotten how much I love Westlife's Mark Feehily's voice. And I had forgotten how cute Westlife's Nicky was :) And would you believe I had no idea Ronan Keating was Irish? :s


So yeah, we have another super boyband about to break out. This is definitely a cause for celebration. The news about the Boyzone member Stephen Gately dying didn't really cause an impact here. In fact, it only caused an impact on me because Joash very smartly told me that it was one of the Backstreet Boys who died. I almost had a heart attack. And now Westlife's still a member short too so there's 8 of them. I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table.


But let's get serious here. Honestly, the only reason I got excited about all these boybands coming back is....


I really, really, really, really, reaaaaaaaaally want an *NSync reunion :(



And no, not only because JC Chasez is the most adorable thing I've seen in my life. Well that's a big part of it, but it doesn't matter! 


I mean...look at him. How do you resist that? How?

So yes, along with the other billion or so *NSync fans, I am adding in a heartfelt plea for *NSync to reunite and make the music industry worth paying attention to again after the Justin Biebers and Rebecca/Jessica Blacks of the world destroyed it. 

Oh and I promise after this post I'll stop acting like such a psycho :)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...