Friday, May 20, 2011

Long Overdue Post

I have this horrible feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something important right now and I've forgotten. So I'm just waiting for the axe to fall now. It's a horrible feeling. Like you know lightning's gonna strike you and it's not gonna be pleasant (What am I talking about? Being struck by lightning is never pleasant.) but all you can do is stand there and wait for the lightning.


Maybe it's because driving class went so badly today. I am the poster girl for the stereotype of women being bad drivers. I'm not well...I'm not that bad. I'm....average. But it still stinks. And there's no manual car for me to practice on. How wonderful. Oh, and my driving instructor wonderfully scheduled my test for the 30th. Of this month. As though I'm so handal. *sigh*


Anyway on a much brighter note, I just watched the latest episodes of America's Best Dance Crew and Glee, in that order. Season 2 of Glee is coming to a close, I can't wait.


America's Best Dance Crew was pretty entertaining this week. It was the Nikki Minaj episode (Hallelujah) and JC looked especially adorable for some reason :) Anyway Iconic Boyz and I.am.me were the two crews that got saved this week. That left Phunk Phenomenon and Street Kingdom (again) in the bottom two. So I'm not gonna post I.am.me's performance cause I thought they kinda lost their luster this week. I mean, they've been so happy cruising along ABDC, never in the bottom two...I mean the routine was nice but there was no fire. So yeah I was pretty disappointed. And none of the judges shared my opinion. Okay so I'm pretty biased against them, but still! Okay fine, I'm posting it here so you can see for yourself.


I.am.me
Week 7 - Nikki Minaj Challenge
Song - Moment 4 Life (by the way, I'm not exactly a huge fan of Nikki Minaj so forgive me if I get some songs wrong)
Challenge - Recreate a childhood game in their choreography (787's rollercoaster was still cooler)




Right? Right? I mean, whatever la. They can dance. I just don't like them.


Anyway, to my favourite boys :) Iconic was pretty great this week. They keep saying 'in sync' and 'boyband'. And on top of that their challenge was to move like marionettes. No Strings Attached anyone?






They're doing this on purpose just to torture me.  And to you clowns who don't know what No Strings Attached is (its only the album with the biggest first day sales ever), go please and find a cliff to jump off of. My pain aside, just watch the video la.


Iconic Boyz
Week 7 - Nikki Minaj Challenge
Song - Check it out
Challenge - Move like marionettes






Louis was so cute :) "This challenge is gonna be really hard....cause we didn't even know what a marionette was." They're just too adorable to resist la. When they did the b-boy move I was so totally brought back to Season 1 when the Jabbawockeez did that move. And even though Iconic's never been in the bottom two either, they still had this fire about them. I liked the performance, it was kinda great :)


But the video that I really want to focus on here is Phunk Phenomenon's performance. I won't say why just yet, all I'm saying is WATCH D BLOODY TRIX'S CRITIQUE.


Phunk Phenomenon
Week 7 - Nikki Minaj Challenge
Song - My Chick Bad
Challenge - Belly dance


LOL what a challenge for a crew with only one girl. And maybe I haven't noticed this cause I was still under my misery cloud cause 787 crew left, but Phunk Phenomenon are pretty funny :) Watch the parts where they're practicing and all its kinda adorable. And then WATCH D BLOODY TRIX'S CRITIQUE.






Did you see what I saw??? D bloody Trix is losing his mind! JC looked like if he were Indian, he'd be saying "Aiyoooo". And his beautiful face after Mario thanks D bloody Trix for the 'acting lesson' *drool*. Yeah...D-Trix is losing his marbles. That's all I'm saying. Oh and I was so proud of myself for noticing Bebo's mistake that JC pointed out. Before he mentioned it that is. Okay, totally unimportant I know.


Street Kingdom were surprisingly pretty all right this week too. But I still maintain that their best performance was in the Justin Bieber episode. Oh yeah, that's the very height of irony right there. A crew that invented crump, and their best performance was to a Justin Bieber song. Mildly disturbing.


Anyway, this was the performance that finally sent them home. I was a little sad, I have no one to pick on now.


Street Kingdom
Week 7 - Nikki Minaj Challenge
Song - Did It On 'Em
Challenge - Military drills






So yeah, Street Kingdom went home. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week. Phunk Phenomenon is almost confirmed-ly gonna be in the bottom two again, for some reason they're not that popular with the voters. But both Iconic and I.am.me have never been in the bottom so I wonder which one of them will fall. I hope it's I.am.me. So I'm hoping for an Iconic Boyz versus Phunk Phenomenon finale. That would be nice. And the finale is coming soon so 787 crew will be back one last time :) Looking forward to that more than anything :D


Anyway I'm off to wonder at the state of my social life now. Will blog soon I'm sure, what with the awesomeness that is my social life :p

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...