Monday, May 30, 2011

(Slight) Freedom!!!

Okay I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful spoilt brat but since my parents left for Turkey....FREEDOM!!!


Lol okay, okay it's not like I've done anything terrible. Haven't taken their cars out for joyrides or have any wild parties or paint my room a shade of orange. In fact, I've been pretty good. 


Proof 

  • They left on Friday. It's Monday and we've only ordered pizza once.
  • Joash and I went for 8.30 service on Sunday. That's right, we did not slack off and decide to go for Evensong in the evening. Okay, we planned to but I was reading the Old Testament reading for 8.30 service. But still, it counts.
  • Dad left me his Selangor Club membership card and I haven't used or abused it. Okay fine I haven't used or abused it yet.
  • I cleaned my room on Saturday. 
  • The house is still relatively neat and my possessions have not spread out throughout the house like Joash's stuff.
  • We are actually cooking. On a regular basis. By choice.

Okay my proof list is kinda lame. But let me just have this, all right? My parents are gone for a week and I'm being good.


So now for the awesome part of my day. My driving test was today. Went to the godforsaken place again. Completely lost my nerve at the litar part and the stupid hill defeated me (this time). So yes, I failed my litar. And JPJ makes it sound even worse. On the form they fill out it doesn't say "Lulus" or "Gagal". No, no, no. Gagal is too tame a word. So instead it says "Lulus" or "Kandas". Why la? They're making it sound like I crashed the car and made a freak accident out of me and my fellow failees. Oh, I mean failures. Let's stick with failees, it sounds less tragic. 


On the bright side, I passed the on the road part. YAY :D At least that's something. The JPJ guy was super tough on me though. But he was fair and decent and passed me in the end. 


When I was at the traffic light on a hill (I hate that traffic light, it's always out to get me.) I actually made everyone wait for me and ended up the only car who made it to the turning before the light turned red again. Lol if I hadn't been scared shitless of the JPJ guy I would have been laughing my ass off at myself. Oh, and he told me off for only using my first and second gear lol. I'm sorry JPJ dude, my driving instructor has never allowed me to reach fifth gear. And when I reach fourth, she gives me the evil eye. This is what they do to make you scared of speeding. Not that people like Joash care.


So I'm retaking the bloody litar on the 4th of July. I am gonna be a bloody expert at the bloody bukit by then. Then I'll never have to go to that godforsaken place with food that tries to pass as edible ever again. I'm so looking forward to that day :)


On the brighter side of my day, I relived my childhood love for Jack and the Beanstalk today :)


Since it's school holidays, the auntie from the driving school brought her 7 or 8 year old grandson with her when she was sending us to the godforsaken place and when she was driving us home. He was so adorable. On the way home, he was sitting next to me and he had this adorable drawing of the beanstalk and the giant's castle in the clouds. So we had a very in depth analysis of Jack and the Beanstalk. I learned a lot too. For example, did you know that...


~Jack's house was only 8 steps away from the beanstalk?
~There were paved roads in Jack's time?
~Jack had a car? (Who knows why he needed to sell his cow then?)
~The beanstalk was taller than a tree?
~For one golden egg, Jack could buy 900 cars?

Lol it was so funny. Anyway, tomorrow it's back to UTAR. Goodness gracious. I so enjoyed not going there every day. And this time Joanna's not gonna be there all semester. Ah a shoutout to Joanna by the way.



Have fun at industrial training!! May your colleagues treat you well and may you actually have interesting work to do. :)


I guess that's all for now. I'll probably blog tomorrow about what an awesome first day of the semester I had :s

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...