Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

My blog.


Hello, you poor, loyal neglected thing, I'm so glad to see you.


Finals just ended about 3 and a half hours ago, so predictably here I am blogging about all those things I haven't been able to share. And I know the post title says Mother's Day, but well there's a lot of completely unrelated stuff I gotta get off my err virtual chest so to speak. Okay first the short stuff:


1. Easter was last last Sunday, I can finally watch the divine Mr. Chasez whenever I want :D
2. Joash cut his hair :o I know right, it's shocking! But it was supposed to be a mohawk but it just looks like a mutated mullet. Photos soon.
3. Finals was terrible (was there ever any question?)
4. Sem break is here!!!
5. Yesterday was Mother's Day, got some stuff to share.


So, first things first. I've been watching Season 6 of America's Best Dance Crew and OH MY GOODNESS its so awesome. I have several videos to share. First, here is the video of the opening number for week 2 of ABDC. Just wait til the end, total adorableness alert.




My favourite has to be 787 crew. I mean the others are good too but there is this absolutely adorable guy with red and green hair in 787 who makes me swoon :) The perfection of Daniel 'Phantom' Torres. But here's the sad part; 787 were just eliminated last week :'( And despite my biased judgement they are totally awesome, even sis was impressed. I can't decide which is my favourite performance when it comes to them, they're so awesome so I'm just gonna act like a psycho and post them all :)


Week 2-Ke$ha Challenge
Song - Blow




To perform like that after losing a member to injury after their final rehearsal? Wow. Just....wow.


Week 3-Black Eyed Peas Challenge
Song - Boom Boom Pow
Challenge - Teleport






That's right, they had to fucking teleport. They pulled it off too :) I watched this video over and over and never got tired of it.


Week 4-Katy Perry Challenge
Song-Hot n Cold
Challenge - Create a roller coaster onstage.






Uhhuh, you read it right. A roller coaster. With their bodies. Gotta say, their awesomest performance yet. Are these guys amazing or what?? And Perry. Hats off to the dude man. He's on a freaking wheelchair and he got up on that stage and didn't let anything stop him. 787 is awesome.


Week 5-Rihanna Challenge
This was when they got eliminated :'( My heart broke. If it weren't for how hot and sassy JC is I would have probably stopped watching the show in protest.
Song - What's My Name
Challenge - Gallis Step?? No idea what that is either.




The absolute shock of seeing Daniel Torres in a tank top *gasp* Dayumn! Sigh....they're so awesome and the poor guys got sent home.So yes, heartbroken over that. Not over it yet. Where else am I gonna be able to check out the absolute adorableness that is Daniel Torres? :(


Anyway, heartache aside, *sniff sniff* yesterday was Mother's Day and dad's sermon started off with this really funny analogy so I stole his sermon from the coffee table to share it here. Check it out.


Today is Mother's Day, so I thought we would enjoy some of the things our mothers taught us:


Our mothers taught us logic saying, "If you fall off that swing and break your neck, you can't go to McDonalds with me," as well as "If everyone else jumped off a cliff would you do it too?"


Our mothers taught us to think ahead. "If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job!"


Our mother taught us to meet a challenge. "What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you...Don't talk back to me!"


Our mothers taught us how to become an adult. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."


Our mothers taught us about genetics. "You're just like your father!"


Our mothers taught us about the wisdom of age. "When you get to be my age you will understand it," or "I'll explain it all when you get older."


Our mothers taught us about anticipation. "Just wait until your father gets home."


Our mothers taught us about receiving. "You are going to get it when I get you home."


Our mothers taught us religion. "You better pray that stain will come out of the carpet."


Our mothers taught us about stamina. "You'll sit there until all that vegetable is finished."


Our mothers taught us about behaviour modification. "Stop acting like your father!"


And the all time favourite thing our mothers taught us is justice. "One day you will have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you. Then you'll see what it's like! I can't wait!"


Thank you moms, for all the things you taught us :)


Lol isn't it funny???


Anyway besides that, had an awesome weekend when I was supposed to be studying. On Saturday there was this barbeque at church. It was a reunion for all the ex youths, like from the eighties. While they were reliving their youth, Joash, Bryan, Leanne and I were reliving our days in Sunday School lol. There was this game, 'Alligator' that we used to play at the field outside. Here's how it goes:
The 3 flag poles are the boundaries of the 'river'. And one of us, the 'alligator' stays in the river. The alligator calls our a random colour and if you're wearing the colour, you can cross the river, If you're not, pandai pandai la have to run and cross the river. We used to play it for hours. And yeah, we were actually running around there like psychos in the dark, playing 'Alligator'.


On top of that, Leanne and I were trying to catch up on what we had been up to (we suddenly realised how long we hadn't had a nice long talk) and we couldn't cause her cousin kept following us around. Finally in a bout of insanity we ended up running all over church trying to get rid of her. At one point we actually trapped ourselves in the stairway with Leanne holding the door closed and me and Joash panting there next to her. We were frantically looking around for Bryan but he had magically disappeared. Finally, you know how we got rid of little cousin?


We ran to the ladies room (yes, Bryan and Joash too) and climbed out the window to the back of the church and hid there until mom and dad called looking for us. LOL


Then on Sunday evening we went out for dinner with the Cowlings. It's always absolutely hilarious hanging out with them. The thought that I still had an entire chapter to study for Calculus didn't even cross my mind. And I ate enough to fill me up for a week at least :s


So this sem break I plan to hit the gym at least 5 times a week, get my driving classes out of the way, and hopefully have some fun :) 


Oh and a warning in advance, I'm going crazy about ABDC right now so there's probably a shit-long post hovering in the near future about the crews that suck. 


I am now off to begin enjoying my sem break :D 

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...