Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Week

Lent really flew past. It's Holy Week already, Maundy Thursday to be precise. And yeah I haven't been blogging at all cause apparently now I even have tests in the last freaking week of the semester. So yes I do have a lot to update.


I had a pretty good weekend last weekend. I mean I was supposed to be studying but of course the need to stuff my brain to bursting point was completely ignored. Anyway I had a pretty typical boring week. Thursday was fun though.


Went to uni cause I had to pass Larry his tutorials back. I was so lazy to go but I had no choice cause I was lazy to copy the tutorials the previous day so I had to bring Larry's tutorial home (not like I copied it when I got home also). So I went la, and ended up staying the whole day doing absolutely nothing.


I am dead serious. We had lunch and photocopied the tutorials then Larry and I sat in S block until 6 freaking pm doing nothing. Joanna and Qades were having class and every time they came out to check on us we'd still be doing nothing. I mean we could have read a book, studied, something but we chose to just stare at our awesome surroundings and talk about how lifeless we were.


So we ended up doing stupid things. For instance, Larry and I both wrote poems about.....are you ready for this?


This red car.






I am so lifeless lol. Here's mine.








If you can't read it, it goes something like this;


There she sits gleaming in the sun,
Her eyes stare me down in silence,
She rests so gracefully on pavement barren,
I sigh as she is not mine, but Byron's.


Why is he the one who revels in her company?
Why does he get to shiver at her touch?
Why does he get to proudly show her off to his friends,
While I sit by quietly and watch?


I wonder if he'll take good care of her,
When she isn't a year old anymore, but nine.
I keep wondering why that beautiful red car,
Had chosen to be Byron's instead of mine.


You'll understand why I can't post Larry's poem as of yet when you see this.






So yeah that'll need some expert deciphering before I can post it.


Anyway, had an awesome night out on Saturday with for sis's birthday. Headed to Mist and had a great time, what with the free flow for ladies and Joash finishing my money on drinks. Unfortunately I don't remember much lol. 


Sunday was fun despite my horribly painful lack of sleep. Went for 8.30 service as usual and walked around the church as usual for Palm Sunday. And when we were walking past the Book Corner who do I see but Matthew :) So after service was hilarious. Suddenly the whole gang turned up for service, Bryan, Leanne, Reyhan, Lisa, Chris, Stephanie. It was fun. I mean excluding the part where I went for 2 services and listened to Dad's sermon twice la.


Then we went for lunch at Lisa's mom's restaurant. Been ages since I've been there :) Had too much food and too much sleepy conversation and laughed at too many jokes that weren't even faintly funny. Then I went home and watched JC for the rest of the day :D


Last night was the highlight of my week so far. Went to OVO at Damansara for this comedy night that was absolutely hilarious. It was totally worth doing my crappy Calculus test in the morning and walking in the hot, hot, hot sun to TBR for lunch and waiting 3 hours for Larry to pick me and Joanna up with nothing but a weird novel and a sick Joanna for company. We had dinner at the Salad Bar, which has surprisingly awesome food. Not to mention you get a great feeling cause you're being all healthy lol. 


So OVO. The host was sooooo cute. Seriously adorable smile and a hint of....wait for it....dimples!! My ultimate weakness. Yikes. Anyway the first comedian was this Australian guy who was really good. The crowd didn't seem to get it though. I felt like Joanna and I were the only ones who were really laughing. The second comedian was this British woman, and though she was funny, the crowd got her even less. Gosh, crazy Malaysians. 


But Harith Iskandar was a totally different story. There's a pretty good chance everyone in the room was rolling on the floor. He was funny, that's true. But his jokes were the sort we've all heard before. So while I was laughing my ass off, I was just a tiny little bit disappointed. 


So yeah, that's my update. I just realised I'm supposed to be studying Microecons right now. Which I will do....


Right after I watch another episode of Glee.


Oh and have my lunch.


Oh and, and, and I have to do my annual duty of informing everyone what time Maundy Thursday and Good Friday and Easter Eve services are.


Then I'll study :)


Really.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL LOL LOL YOU'RE SO FUNNY expert deciphering LOL

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...