Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friday the 13th

Thank goodness Blogger is back.


Everything was going well yesterday. I went to the gym, forced my bruised and battered body to walk to Masjid Jamek from church and then home from Damai, fell asleep on the sofa waiting for my driving instructor cause I was so wiped out, and then went for my first driving lesson.


Gotta admit, I was pretty surprised that I wasn't all that bad at driving. I mean sure I panicked when I saw other cars coming into my lane and whenever I had to stop and whenever I saw A LOT of cars....okay you know what I panicked quite a lot lol. But I had fun :) Granted, I didn't go higher than 40 km/h but it was a good start so I was happy.


So I came home in high spirits ready to watch my precious JC in America's Best Dance Crew. I sat down at my laptop and eagerly clicked on my bookmarked page aaaaaaaaaaaaand.....


Saw a page that said 'Database Error'.


I tried ALL AFTERNOON looking for a place to watch it but none of the websites had updated their episodes yet. Not even MTV.com.


So fine, I thought while I waited maybe I could blog for a while about how awesomely my driving went. So I sat down at my laptop and not so eagerly clicked my frequently visited page aaaaaaaaaaand....


Saw a page that said there was sooome error la.


Here's where I got a little irritated. Only then did I realise that it was Friday the 13th. The universe was being kind to me la when you think about it. Cause since my driving went so well something else had to go wrong. So it took away JC :( I know, I know it was only for a couple of hours but still. Oh well, at least it didn't make my driving go badly :s Don't even wanna think about that.


Anyway, I finally did manage to watch ABDC later at night on MTV.com. Thank goodness, I don't know how I managed to pass time without JC. And without blogging too. So obviously I have comments.


I'm gonna let it slide that ABDC classified Bieber as a 'superstar'. Whatever. D bloody Trix got on my nerves at the very beginning of the show. Iconic Boyz went first. Watch what happened.


Iconic Boyz
Week 6 - Justin Bieber Challenge
Song - Baby (LOL somehow I totally saw this coming)
Challenge - Incorporate basketball moves



This D-Trix. Oh my goodness. He was just waiting for this wasn't he? JC was so nice and decent with his critique. He didn't say anything with the dismissiveness that D bloody Trix bestowed on them at their pretty good Katy Perry performance (refer to previous post for Iconic's performance to 'Teenage Dream' by Katy Perry). And D-Trix has the freaking nerve to pretend to be Iconic's hero now? Defending them from JC? They didn't need defending D bloody Trix, they needed feedback that didn't sound like you were kissing up to them and to the audience to make them like you again. And he thinks JC is a crackhead it seems.


But D bloody Trix aside, Iconic Boyz are so adorable. Crying when 787 left. So sweet. Sigh speaking of 787, the show wasn't the same without them. Seriously. I mean there are some pretty good crews left and all but I did miss them. So here's a shoutout that they'll never see but anyway, 787 you guys are totally awesome and ABDC will not be the same without you. Can't wait for the finale when you guys come back for the reunion performance. That'll be the highlight of the season for sure, to me at least.


I now grudgingly admit that I.am.me is a pretty awesome crew. I was just in denial before cause they  got enough votes and stayed on when 787 had to leave. Their performance was pretty damn awesome.


I.am.me
Week 6 - Justin Bieber Challenge
Song - Somebody to Love
Challenge - Glide (Urgh so what? 787 made a freaking roller coaster)



They're still not as good at 787 though, I will stand firm on that.


Phunk Phenomenon (I can't help it, I have a grudge against them for winning the battle with 787) were pretty all right but for some reason I doubt they'll reach the final. They're good for sure, but there always seems to be something missing from their performances to me. But oh well, it's still worth watching. So here...


Phunk Phenomenon
Week 6 - Justin Bieber Challenge
Song - Eenie Meenie
Challenge - Create a beat with their bodies






The biggest shock of the night was Street Kingdom. They were actually....pretty good. Wow, it was extremely painful to say that lol. Check it out.


Street Kingdom
Week 6 - Justin Bieber Challenge
Song - Never Say Never
Challenge - Incorporate martial arts and high kicks




See? Was it just me or could you actually get the performance? I was pleasantly surprised. I still don't want them to win though lol.


At the end of the night, Street Kingdom and Instant Noodles were the two bottom crews. Predictably, Instant Noodles got axed. Finally, some justice. It was killing me that Instant Noodles were still around when 787 weren't. So that was the Justin Bieber episode. It was kinda as bad as I thought it would be :p


My Saturday morning was nowhere near worth mentioning. Headed to the gym as usual and came home with dad after lunch at Selangor Club. Someone kill me before my life becomes any less worth living lol.


Tomorrow we're going out for dinner for dad's birthday. Yeah, there have been quite a few celebrations. But oh well, its his last year at St. Mary's and everyone wants to spoil him. I have no objections whatsoever; when dad gets spoiled so do we :D


PS. To those of you who noticed that I didn't put up Instant Noodles' performance, *sigh* it wasn't really worth watching and I'd like to not defile my blog.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...