Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent

Ah here it is, that time of year again.


Lent.


To those of you who are unaware, Lent is a period of time observed by Christians before Easter as a reminder of the time that Jesus spent in the desert fasting.


In honour of this, I usually give up something that I love. It's difficult as hell, but that's the entire point. I mean there are people around the world starving, what am I complaining about right? Last year I gave up meat and attempted (and failed miserably) to give up swearing. It was tough cause for some reason I become extremely unpleasant when I don't have my meat. Fortunately I have very patient friends lol. 


So this year, I am giving up 3 things.


Firstly, meat. I know, I know I'm gonna become downright repugnant in behaviour again. But Larry's the most patient person I know. And if these past few days are any indicator, meat isn't the hardest thing to give up for me :s


Secondly, swearing. That's right, I'm gonna give it another try this year. I'm doing very very very badly at the moment so I'm hoping I'll get better. It's just awful how much I rely on swearing to express myself. Kinda scares me how I completely run out of adjectives when I don't swear. You'd think after the millions of books I read I'd be able to find other words to say what I'm trying to say. Weird. And again, swearing isn't the hardest to give up either.


Thirdly, watching JC Chasez videos. I am DYING!!!! I need help. As in a psychiatric facility kind of help. I CAN'T STAND NOT WATCHING HIS DROOL WORTHY HOTNESS!!! AND IT HAS ONLY BEEN THREE DAYS!!! *sigh* To those of you people who lived under a rock during the nineties and don't know who JC Chasez is, here's what you do:


1. Jump off a cliff please.
2. If you survive, go watch a song called 'Pop' by NSync. He's the hot one in brown with long hair. *drool*


So yeah, apparently even giving up meat is easier than giving up JC. He's just too hot. Darn. I've watched all the NSync music videos and concerts so much that I can picture him in my head when I'm listening to all those NSync songs on my phone. Even Hannah and Beth are hooked on NSync now. What have I done?


So yeah, Lent. A most painful time. I'll let you know if I survive. 


Oh and you know what sucks? Tomorrow there's gonna be this big bash for dad cause he's turning 50 and its the 25th anniversary of his ordination. And I can't eat meat. 


Wonderful.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...