Monday, March 14, 2011

Half A Week Down..

Almost 20 hours since I last watched JC. Mere mortals like me were not meant to try and give up beholding things of painful beauty like JC Chasez. 


So yeah, half a week down. About a million more to go til Easter. Not very encouraging but I'll take what I can. Sundays are not included in Lent for some reason so I had a good time. Surprisingly, having meat wasn't what I was looking forward to the most. All I wanted to do was sit in front of my laptop and watch JC Chasez videos. Shocking isn't it?


Saturday was fun. It was dad's big birthday/anniversary of ordination party at Dr Chong Su Lin's place. She has a very nice house. Big garden and mini zoo :) Yup, you read right. Mini zoo. She has all kinds of parrots and other animals. And the garden was absolutely awesome. 


Needless to say, I waived my resolution to give up meat when we got there. The food was absolutely mouth watering. So none of the young people from church were there. Thank goodness for Hari and Sarath. Where Hari is I always end up having a good time, and this time Sarath and I spent a fair amount of time dissing UTAR and talking about how much it sucks. Hannah and Beth took to them pretty well. At one point they were both walking around Joash, Hari and Sarath in circles casting a spell it seems to turn them into frogs. Fortunately I was spared. 


Emmanuel came with his dad and sister so obviously sis was kept occupied until they left. Auntie Hayma and Auntie Kalai were very excited that they finally got to see Emmanuel.


Speaking of which, Uncle Michael Northcott, dad's old lecturer and good friend, thought that me and Hari were a couple LOL. Here's how the conversation went...


Uncle Michael: (to Hari) I like your vest there. It's very stylish.
Hari: (looks at me and wonders what to say) Thank you.
Uncle Michael: (to me) Is he your friend?
Me: Err...yes. (Clueless as to why Uncle Michael was smiling very oddly as he asked)
Uncle Michael: (smiling) You made a good choice...


And I'm sitting there like an idiot wondering what choice he was talking about. By the time I figured out what he meant it was too late; he had already walked away, leaving me and Hari to stare at each other and laugh hysterically. Later, even Beth asked me if he was my boyfriend. I couldn't answer; I was laughing too hard.


After dinner me, Sarath, Hari and Joash spent most of our time looking for a place to sit and talk. And when we finally found a spot in the garden obviously we were joined by Hannah, Beth and Thanesh who provided the evening's entertainment. 


When I got home that night I waited up until midnight so I could watch a video of JC. He's so hot. 


Mom was so semangat in the morning, waking us up at 7 to go to church. Sis was the only one conscious enough to point out that mom had told us the night before that we were going for 10.30 service. So we went for 10.30 service and spent some time after that with Bryan and Leanne and Chris. Stephanie made a guest appearance for a couple of seconds before she had to split to head for ACA. It was fun.


Uncle Michael came over for dinner in the evening so mom had us all busy in the kitchen. Hannah and Beth joined in on the 'fun' when they came over. And when Uncle Michael was there mom and dad laughingly set him straight about me and Hari. Or the lack of a collective pronoun when it came to me and Hari. 


Shu and Larry came over today to 'study'. Meaning of course that as soon as they got here they asked for food then spent the rest of the time talking. It was fun though. 


And I'm just hanging in there, waiting for Sunday when I can finally watch JC again. 


This sucks.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...