Monday, November 30, 2009

Beginning of Christmas season

The Christmas spirit has definitely made an appearance for me already :)


Last Friday was the Christmas tree decorating competition at church :)


I invited quite a few people but in the end only Shu could make it hehe. But we had fun, it was so entertaining.


The first thing that I noticed when I got there was that Michael(the traitor) was helping the Golden Circle(meaning the senior citizens) with their tree. Traitor.


Anyway at first we were a little irritated cause it was just the Selvaraj's and Deanna. We even contemplated calling it the Selvaraj tree :) It's lame I know but we were focusing our creative energy on decorating :D


So later people started showing up. Keith, Leanne, Bryan and even Michael came along a little later. Shu was LATE ;p Me and Joash went to get her from Masjid Jamek cause giving her directions would have been a nightmare. Oh but inviting her was a brilliant move I have to say. Cause she's never decorated a tree before so she did way more work than me :)


Ok I should probably have been ashamed of that but I'm posting it on my blog :S Ellana, Ellana...


So anyway we had quite an eventful morning at church. We ruined about 5 of the tree lights, then by the time we got the lights up it was already lunchtime :S And the lights wasn't really our fault either cause we tried it inside and it was all fine, but when we tried it outside....kaput :(


Then we put the decorations on without planning anything or colour coordinating. The end result was colourful but, well, confusing. I guess by that time everyone's mind was on lunch which was on the way :)


So basically our tree took the longest to complete (oh I just realised that's not true cause the choir finished their tree later than us). Auntie Jennifer, Michael's mom, had to come and threaten us by saying that if the tree was finished any later than 1.30 we would be disqualified. It later turned out to be an idle threat but it worked on us :) We were running around like jackrabbits after that.


Eventually we got the tree ready. Our theme was red and silver..and there was some pink around. Oh and when we had too much silver stuff Leanne and Joash stole some red flower thingies from the Golden Circle lol.


So for the first time in ages I'm gonna upload some photos. Amazing right? hehe



Michael and sis unravelling tinsel. Yes, with the tinsel wrapped around Michael :)



The tree- A work in progress :)



Our completed pride and joy :) That's Michael hiding behind the tree, Bryan trying to blend in with the wall, and Joash pretending he doesn't have a broom and penyodok in his hand :)



This is the choir's half finished tree. That's it..we ain't gonna win :S



Err we DEFINITELY ain't gonna win? I know this tree doesn't look all that remarkable now, but with the lights on and at a proper camera angle it just looks stunning!


So basically at the end of the day we all had fun and enjoyed thoroughly the Christmas spirit in the air. Ok eew I didn't mean to sound all sappy and as though I just watched 'A Christmas Carol'. But its true anyhow :)


I really felt all happy and enthusiastic and hyper and impatient for the Christmas season to kick off. I suppose me feeling this way means it just did :)


Have a very Happy Christmas Season :)


I'll keep posting on the joys of the holidays, so to speak. LOL

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...