Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Birthday Week Part I

It's been a gooooood week :D

Well last week was. Why, you ask? Well who doesn't have a fantastically awesome time when they have a week's worth of celebrations for their birthday?? That's right. This old girl's finally 24. It sounds like a good age, I'll admit. And it is. I can say with full confidence that this has been one hell of a year. The sister got married, I graduated *cough cough made my escape cough cough* from the university they still tell me is my choice, got my first job which I ended up loving way more than I expected...the list goes on, I assure you.

The celebrations started on Tuesday at work. I was teaching a Science class when suddenly one of the teachers opened the door to my classroom and sent Kabir, this little boy (well not so little, he's 10) in to disturb his brother who I was teaching. I was kinda surprised at her encouraging this kind of behaviour and was about to protest when lo and behold, in walks Sudhan with a birthday cake. All together now, awwwwwwwww.

Needless to say, I was delighted and the cake was delicious and my student was elated that his one and a half hour long class got slashed to an hour because we were all (and by we all I of course mean me and Sudhan aka Larry) enjoying the cake waaaay too much. It was seriously delicious orange cake though. And several slices of carrot cake. Moist and delicious. Yum yum :)


Me: You wanna take photos, fine. Nothing's gonna interrupt me and this gorgeous carrot cake.
Larry: Mmmmmmmmm, preach it sista!



Me: What do you mean, half the cake is yours? It's MY birthday!
Larry: Here's a detailed mathematically proven dissertation on why I deserve not only half, but the WHOLE CAKE.



Can I just say how well this one picture depicts our entire friendship? There's Larry, holding MY birthday cake while I hold up a tiny little slice of carrot cake. This describes almost every meal we've ever had in the duration of our friendship lol. And well, there's also the fact that we have so much cake and we're the two idiots trying to keep it all to ourselves :D


Oh well, whatever it is, you're the best Larry. Like you said, here's to 50 more years. Of friendship. Just in case all the shippers read too much into that lol.

I should also mention that I'm so horribly dressed because I was so sick that day. I tried to look like I cared about how I looked when I got dressed, I swear. I put earrings on at least! Anyway, I really thought I was going to be stuck in bed on my birthday. I thought cake had irrevocably lifted my spirits but then Mr. Fever made an appearance and Mistress Ginormous Headache soon followed. I had several 'you look terrible's and ' you look really sick's and even one 'you look like a goldfish' before I finally relented and sought out some Panadol.

I was supposed to pack and move out of the Rushworths (I was house sitting for them but they had come back from their holiday the day before) that night but as soon as I reached their place after a drive home fraught with headaching, I collapsed onto the sofa and kinda did not get back up. And I had a sick companion in Charles so yeah, so much for going home. Poor auntie Fabienne had to take care of me. My body was just in one of its moods where it was intent on being sick, the meds be damned. 

Then my birthday came and hello birthday miracle, I felt so much better. I then proceeded to laze the morning away with auntie Fabienne on the balcony admiring the weather and the birds and talking away. It was a great start to a great birthday :)

So my actual birthday naturally meant a family dinner. Dad was here for the occasion and of course the sister and Manny joined us as well. It was a good dinner with great food and good company and lots of laughs. I had a great time and as usual WE NEVER TOOK PHOTOS. But that's okay, we're a camera shy family I suppose. I think the moment of the night was when Joash told us all about this new ad he had come up with for an assignment. It was so good that we all just stared at him, partly in awe and partly in disbelief that he was capable of coming up with something so profound. I absolutely loved it and I'm so posting it if he actually does it and if he'll let me :D

And seeing as this post has somehow gotten way longer than I expected, I'll be writing the rest in a Part 2 post that I hope will be just as interesting as this one :)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...