Friday, November 2, 2012

A Happy Halloween

So for the first time in my life I celebrated Halloween yesterday :) Well not the 'oh yeah let's partay' kinda celebration, it was more of a 'let's actually wear costumes' kinda celebration.

I had no warning that I was supposed to be wearing a costume by the way. The original plan was to have a Halloween inspired dinner at my place. Didn't think I'd need a costume for that but THE DAY BEFORE HALLOWEEN the costume bomb was dropped and there began my panic.

It wasn't so bad. I managed to throw something together and vaguely resemble a character from a movie. What a relief. Here's all of us who went for dinner at Tony Roma's just because if we showed up in costume we got 30% off our meal. Yup, I wasn't the only Indian mind participating in the planning, I assure you :p



Anyway I turned out as Irene Adler. Then comes Joanna's friend Ying Hui who was Katniss from The Hunger Games. Then comes the skeleton man from Tony Roma's and then Joanna's other friend Sarah who was...a samurai disguised as a tablecloth?? And then of course there's Joanna whose costume doesn't need an explanation does it? :)

I had fun. Yes, despite the staring and the pointing and the looks of disbelief that clearly meant I was either scaring people or that I looked so ridiculous. While I was walking in Mid Valley, I felt so self conscious about all the staring that I called Larry just so I had something to do other than eyeball the people giving me the once-over. I know how ridiculous I looked, trust me. When I was getting ready I took one look at myself in the mirror and burst out laughing. Started calling and texting and Facebook messaging people telling them how hilarious I looked. So yes, I knew indeed how ridiculous I looked :) 

I still had fun though. I'm definitely celebrating Halloween next year. With a much longer grace period to get my costume, I hope ;)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...