Monday, October 29, 2012

A Strange Sign

That is it. I cannot hold my silence any longer. After the four hour drive from Melaka to KL last night, this topic is just stuck in my head. And yes, you read right. The journey from Melaka to KL which usually takes about an hour and forty five minutes took four entire hours last night. I thought I was destined to live on that highway forever, get old and die and never in my life again see the beauty of the pollution that is my lovely Kuala Lumpur. But back to the point.

I noticed the last time I drove down to KL with Mom that there were some strange signs along the highway. The first time I caught sight of it I thought I was just seeing things. But then I saw it again. And again. And again. And...well you get the idea. My curiosity was aroused after a while and I asked Mom if she ever saw the strange sign's foreboding come true. She, who makes the drive down to KL every week from Melaka for her classes, has never seen it come to pass. But hey she could just keep missing them. The sign that so intrigued me looked like this.


A cow. 

A COW.

A cow.

What is with that? My mom drives down this highway every week and she's sure as hell never seen a cow cross the road. Maybe some of them have died and they've learned their lesson. The cows I mean.

And the words 'Hati-hati Memandu'... At first glance they looked like a warning. Like hey guys, cows cross this road okay, you've gotta be careful driving around here. But after the second and third and twentieth and two hundred and seventieth sighting of the sign, it suddenly sounded a lot more ominous. As in, you'd better be careful driving on this road or I'm gonna set this herd of cows on you, ya hear?

So weird.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...