Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Quiet Wednesday At Home

You know what's shocking? I've actually been productive today!!


Wednesdays are usually my lazy day. Basically it means I do absolutely nothing but lie around wondering why I have so much free time. But today...today I took the Wednesday by its horns and decided to experiment with vegetarian food.


So I had a sudden craving for tomato rice and I have to say, mine didn't turn out bad at all. Joash even wanted to pack some and take...well somewhere. Whatever, the point is, he was actually willing to undergo the shame of carrying a tupperware everywhere (which is quite a blow to his reputation I assure you) just to eat my tomato rice. I'm so proud of myself :)




I've also fallen in love with this song, which in a very lame and sappy way makes me think of my friends. It's pretty cool, maybe I'll ask Joash to learn how to play it so I can sing along whenever he's jamming :)






Anyway I thought the rest of the day would be pretty uneventful but the weather had other plans. So the torrential rain of course was a source of wonder for me, cause it kinda makes my room feel like it got relocated to Cameron Highlands lol. So I left the windows open, waiting for the lovely cold air to come in, and instead I suddenly smell this horrible rubbish truck smell which was so familiar but I couldn't place it. It drove me crazy trying to place the stench (for about 7 seconds) then after that I just gave up. But my question was answered soon when my sister called me to tell me that it was flooding downstairs and the water had reached the cars.


My first thought of course was poor Max, whose engine was probably the most vulnerable out of all the cars there. So we all ran down and found the neighbours all standing around wondering what to do, wondering if our automatic gates (whose little black boxes were completely submerged, by the way) would still open, wondering why it only floods when all the men of the house are gone (all the men had some meetings or another in all the various churches so only the women and children were home), and pretty much just being women. 


I took this photo after Joash had already gotten Max out, through knee high water. This is where we usually park Max, and this was after the water had already started to subside. I know, I know, a great photographer I am not :)







So yeah, Max is out safe and sound on elevated ground.


It was a little disgusting wading through dirty flood water, I do not plan on doing that again anytime soon. But other than that it was a Wednesday well spent. And since I'm too lazy to heat up my leftover tomato rice tomorrow morning, carry it to the LRT station, carry it on the train, carry it on the bus, walk with it to uni, and present it to either Shu or Larry, I guess the first person who visits me gets it :)


Let the race begin.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...