Friday, March 9, 2012

A Friday's Worth of Emotion

Well nothing eventful to report today, so I thought I'd share this poem I wrote just last night :)


Outta My, Outta My

My palms start to sweat as all eyes land on me;
I wonder to appease them what I could possibly say.
I look away, take a breath, wipe my palms on tattered jeans;
Anything those hated words out loud to delay.

Hi, my name is Elle and I'm a....I let the words die;
I see their eyes turn from pity to scorn.
Did that guy just flinch? Did that kid just roll her eyes?
Someone whispered 'denial', a word I proudly adorn.

This was supposed to be a place where I could feel safe, free from judgement;
So much for partners in suffering.
I was supposed to find peace, sympathy, understanding, maybe love;
But from the riotous mocking voices there is no buffering.

I glare at the guy in front, I call him Pride;
He thinks resisting is good for his ego.
But pride goes before a fall, what happens when he's weak?
Will pride save him then and play the hero?

Greed sits in the middle, trying to avoid attention;
I know it's because he slipped up again.
He can never have enough, always wanting, always coveting;
Maybe he does it to ease a greater pain.

That poor girl, Anger, sitting alone, tormented by wrath;
Disbelief at what quitting has done to her.
She's been let down by what she considered a friend;
I think she's still waiting for apologies to woo her.

I feel sorriest for the flincher, whom I call Fear;
So afraid of what he'll become without it.
I wonder what it's like in his scary little world;
And I pray he'll make it out of his own dark pit.

Suddenly, as I blinked, I was left in an empty room;
Though I clearly heard their voices left behind.
What horribly dark personalities that influenced my every decision;
The frighteningly familiar voices that reside in my mind.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...