Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An Act of Valor

Yesterday I went to watch an awesome movie with Shu. Check this out.




This movie had action sequences that had me talking guns and violence like a man. I walked out of that cinema talking about Navy SEAL tactics, something I never imagined I'd do. Not in this lifetime anyway.


This movie was seriously cool. I loved how simple and to the point it was. It's true that the acting had its drawbacks and that the characters weren't really fleshed out all that much, but that's what I meant about it being simple. There was not much drama, like how the bad guys' plan almost works but then the good guys come to the rescue at the very last second kinda thing. And you watched the trailer, how cool was it when the soldier's hands came out of the water to stop the bad guy from splashing into the river???


You'll have to watch the movie to understand how much the action sequences blasted my mind. So yeah, watch the movie!!


I also thought it was pretty awesome that they got actual active duty Navy SEALs to play the roles in the movie. They were completely and totally believable in action, even though their acting was a little stilted and awkward the rest of the time. But what the hell, it was just so cool that they were the real deal, not some actor who put on a shit load of muscle and tried to be all dark and brooding to play the 'type'. 


The only ones who were kinda lame and left me and Shu laughing were the terrorists. They were so funny, the way they acted like gay lovers in the middle of a tiff. 


But other than that, I fully and whole-heartedly recommend that you watch this movie. I know if you're a girl you're probably dismissing it as a total guy movie but hey, I almost dismissed it too. Truth be told, I only watched it because there was no other movie that was halfway decent playing. And I would have missed out on the awesomest stuff I've seen in a while. 


So watch this movie. I'm sure you will not regret it. Even if you're a girl :)

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...