Monday, August 8, 2011

A Happy Birthday

Wow. Crazy thought. Somewhere on the other side of the world, JC Chasez will be celebrating his birthday today. I'm so becoming a crazy stalker fan. So yes, it is the 8th of August, JC's birthday. He is...wow he's thirty-five. Thirty-five. But who cares, he's still just as hot as he was all those years ago on *NSync. If possible he's gotten even hotter with age. Yikes.


So anyway, I would just like to dedicate what I'm sure is going to be a shit-long post to the ever adorable, ever adored Mr. JC Chasez, without whom I would have way too much spare time to do useless things like study and do my chores :)


To all of you who never understood why I was madly in love with JC Chasez, I am about to start the attempt of a lifetime to explain it. It wasn't easy; there were just too many reasons. But if I don't try now I suppose I never will. And yes, I realise that I am extremely biased so I'm gonna let 'JC' do the talking. Figuratively of course.


*inhale and exhale* Well then, here it is.


Ode to Monsieur Chasez


I suppose it is ironic
That you will never know
How you've hit me with a sledgehammer
With your smile that charms me so.


The way your eyes crinkle up
Truly makes me sigh
The way you laugh so heartily
Makes me wish you never said 'Bye, Bye, Bye'.




Thank you for having the most beautiful eyes
That I've ever seen before
When you sing with your eyes open (which is rare)
I'm mesmerized to my very core.




When you're being funny I laugh like a hyena
And 'This I Promise You'
That no one's quite as funny as you are
No one could do it like you so easily do.




I love the way when you fool around
You look so adorable that I laugh
Then I wish you'd stop distracting me the next day
When I'm trying to study but of you, can't get enough.






Then the way you look so abashed when you admit
Something that people wouldn't guess
I could just do such damage when you say those famous words
That all fans of yours love, "because....yes"




But it is when you're embarassed that I truly appreciate
How devastatingly gorgeous a person could be
The way you laugh, practically admitting you're a clown
Makes me wish I'd been there to see.


(skip to the last part, around 4:18)




And then came the moment of glory
Where I wore a shocked frown
I knew you could sing in perfect tune
But I didn't know you could do it upside down.




You made me hate you that day when I saw
That walk like you owned the world
It just made me swoon and fall in love even more
I watched it again and again til my head whirled.




Then when I thought I could't possibly love you
Any more than I already did
You went and danced like the incredibly sexy Romeo  you are
*sigh* Who the hell was I trying to kid?




But still most of all what I truly appreciate
Is you letting me be a fan
For putting your music out there
And taking all that praise and adulation like a man.


It's amazing to see how you made that journey
From the Mickey Mouse Club to *NSync
As if that weren't enough you went solo and then ABDC
Your story's too priceless for pen and ink.





You'll continue to be my dream I'm sure
For days but hopefully not years to come
You'll be my faraway knight and I'll be the stalker fan
Watching you whenever I feel glum.


So here I conclude, though I could go all day
On why I love you so
But the truth is no matter how much I write
No justice on you does it bestow.


No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...