Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Long Awaited Outing

I finally met up with Jasmine today :D


But before our happy reunion, I did an extremely nonsensical thing in the morning. Jasmine and I were gonna be hanging out in Bangsar so obviously I wanted to look decent. So I didn't wanna bring my schoolbag-looking...schoolbag to Bangsar with me. But when I was transferring my stuff from my schoolbag to my other handbag, I realised that I forgot one very important thing. My earphones.


Wait a second, that's not the stupid part. A millisecond later I realised I had missed something far more important that had been right next to my earphones.


My wallet


In all my life I have never forgotten my wallet before. How dumb can I be? By the time I realised it, Joash and I were already halfway to college and it was already 7.30am and I had an 8am class and so did Joash. So what to do? Stole some money from Joash and decided to go home later before meeting Jasmine to get my wallet :s


So yeah, I suddenly had so many things to do after my last class of the day. Had to go to the library to return a book, walk to TBR to give them Aaron's Financial Econs book to photocopy (I don't understand anything the lecturer says so it looks like the book became a necessity), then had to walk back home to get my wallet then walk back to Damai to take the train to Bangsar. But I got lazy obviously. Walked home but then took a cab back to Damai :)


So I met Jasmine at Bangsar and I was so excited!! :) I had barely gotten into the car before we started yapping away, making up for lost time when we could barely catch up. As usual, we did nothing much. Just sat down and had a good yaw about...well, everything. We went to Pelita first to grab a quick bite before she had to pick up her brother and sister from school. Then after that, after almost 13 years of being friends, I went to her house for the first time lol. It seems that I'm one of the very few who have been given the honour to lay eyes upon the Malhi household. I'm so proud.


After that Jasmine and I walked all over Bangsar for no reason. We walked past the pasar malam that Mom used to take me to when we still lived there *sigh*. The memories... Then we walked all the way to my old house. It looked like some big time dj's had moved in there, I saw huge ass speakers and stuff outside :s And they cut down the tree that Joash and I used to climb to hide from Mom!! *sniff sniff* 


But when we were walking there, there was this guy walking his huge dog and Jasmine and I were a little worried and proceeded to walk in the middle of the road instead of encounter his dog at the side. We looked like idiots I'm sure, willing to be hit by a car instead of licked by a dog. Then when we were walking back to Lucky Garden headed for Secret Recipe, we saw him again and he actually smiled at us and said, "Long walk, huh?" Only then did we realise how ridiculous we must have looked. We were both all dressed up and we were walking all over Bangsar all sweaty and wearing nice shoes (I decided to wear my pink flowery sandals that Mom and Dad got me from Turkey. Do not roll your eyes, I felt bad for not wearing it.). So we had a good time laughing at ourselves.


Then we went to Secret Recipe for no better reason than wanting a place to sit, and then went to Devi's for an almost proper dinner. The amount of walking we did....my goodness. 


We saw Sanjeev on our way to the LRT station. He grew out his beard again, he looks like a tall Punjabi boy lol. 


It was such a relief to just talk the afternoon away with Jasmine. Felt good to finally catch up and talk about Aggy too. I knew she would understand.


So all in all it was an excellent day :) Only thing is, I'm supposed to be studying now and I'm so tired I just know I'm going to fall asleep as soon as I publish this post. Oh well, it's not like I'm gonna understand anything in Financial Econs lecture tomorrow anyway. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I MISS YOU~!!!!!!

Lil Miss Sarcasm said...

I miss you too!!! Already :s

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...