Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Fun Dinner

Last night was so much fun :D


It starts off in Bangsar. Yes, I know I live on the other side of the world from Bangsar. You see, I have a clown of a friend called Chris Kumar. He has been to my house before but at the time it was dark it seems so he can't find his way while its still bright lol. So brought the clown home then waited for another two clowns called Bryan and Leanne. Chris was complaining that he was there so super early and had nothing to do. When I suggested that he help me cook though, he said he was gonna 'be a man' and watch tv it seems. We all saw how well that turned out lol.


Cooking with these people is so much fun la. Bryan just hovered around looking busy, Leanne was proving herself to be quite the cook but it was Chris who took all of us by surprise and practically took charge of the kitchen. It was so funny. 


So while we were waiting for Stephanie to arrive, everyone was getting hungry and antsy so we kinda finished all the Koko Krunch we had left. Not to mention the bread crusts from the bread that we used for the pudding, the raisins we used for the pudding, even some of the almonds we used for the pudding. Bottom line, we were hungry la. And the roast chicken smelled so good just sitting there on the table...


Finally thank goodness Stephanie called and told us to go ahead and eat first. It was a glorious moment :)


So on the menu for the evening was
Roast chicken
Mashed potatoes with raisin (Yeah the raisin surprised me too but it actually tasted really good.)
Salad
Bread pudding (Which me and Leanne made :D)


The roast chicken tasted sooo good. I kinda screwed up the salad la lol. But the mashed potatoes were good. Joash felt so bad for missing out on the fun we had cooking. He was 'in college' doing his 'assignment'. I loved the expression on his face when we were all talking about the nonsense we went through cooking and he said, "You guys had fun....?" It was priceless.


So I was a little apprehensive about my bread pudding cause the Masterchef of the day, Mr Chris Kumar said that the milk mixture was supposed to cover the bread part. And it wasn't, obviously. But into the oven it went anyway and I checked on it like every 5 minutes making sure it still looked like a bread pudding. Imagine my shock and surprise when it came out of the oven...looking absolutely perfect. Joash and Chris were so shocked I was almost insulted but it looked so good I was too busy being proud of myself :)




Doesn't it look beautiful? :D


Anyway, after dinner we all played Twister which was absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately everyone was too busy laughing to take pictures :) Stephanie was practically lying down on the mat, Joash would make even the simplest maneuvers complicated, everyone forgot their rights and lefts and Chris did some stretching in...unusual places lol.


It was so sad that Bryan and Leanne had to leave early. 


After that we went down to the playground with our bottle of Coke (I know right, we're such rebels :s) so that I could go on the swing. It was when we came back to Joash's room that the hilarity started.


We were all sitting down and talking and laughing when suddenly we heard....snoring. Joash, Stephanie and I turned to the figure sleeping on Joash's bed with his mouth hanging open and burst out laughing. The best part was, Chris can't just sleep. He'd wake up like every 20 minutes or so, tell us all he was fine, and go back to sleep. It was so funny. After that we all spoke in whispers and laughed quietly. We couldn't even laugh on the bed cause the mattress would be all shivery and then he'll suddenly toss and turn. And whenever Stephanie would say "Chriiiis time to go," he'd wake up, say "Yeah let's go," and go back to sleep lol.


Anyway we all had such a good time that we're planning another cookover, hopefully soon. At least, Leanne and I had a good time, I don't know about all those other clowns :)




PS *NSync is still haunting me. Yesterday I suddenly heard 'I Want You Back' on Mix.fm and went nuts before we played Twister, earning a dirty look from pretty much everyone in the room. And then today I finally watched Tropic Thunder and at the end, surprise surprise, Lance Bass from *NSync made a special appearance in the movie. *sigh* 


Get back together already.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...