Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pretend

Hey people this is just a little something I was playing around with while watching Manchester United against CSKA. Hence why its nowehere near my best work hehe. Its quite low on my standards actually :) Just wanted to share it with all you people...


Let's play a game of pretend right now
That might distract me from needless pain
Let's pretend the world is a beautiful place
Let's all from reality refrain.

When you look at me I will pretend
That you see through me to my very soul
When you catch my eye I'll ask no questions
Pretending that seeing me smile was your goal
.



When you smile at me I will pretend,
That it means something infinitely more
This pretense brings me more pleasure than it ought
It touches me at my being's very core.


When you speak to me I will pretend
That I'm the only one you see
That unspoken words spoken of unspoken emotions,
Everyone disappears but you and me.


When you make me laugh I will pretend
That you don't intoxicate me as a fine wine
I'll pretend there are no tears behind my facade
My hurt will be yours and your ignorance mine.


When you answer my call I will pretend
That there's nothing you'd rather do
Just like your voice was the tonic to my million problems
I will pretend I heal you too.


When I tell you how I feel I will pretend
That it's all you've been waiting to hear
I'll imagine that gorgeous smile spread on your face
I'll pretend you too had always wanted me near.


When you take my hand I will pretend
That as our hands fitted perfectly, so did we
When you lean on my shoulder I will pretend
That by your side you'll always want me to be.


When you promise me forever I will pretend
That every word is strong and true
Nothing will overshadow my joy and relief
And that day I will never rue.


Then suddenly one day you fall in love
With her luck I cannot compete
A simple statement and just like that ((((MU JUST SCORED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D))))
My rude awakening was complete.


And on that day my greatest pretense of all
Will slowly but surely come into play
I will pretend you didn't break my heart
I will appear ecstatic no matter what my conscience may say.


So let's play a game of pretend right now
That might distract me from needless pain
Let's pretend the world is a beautiful place
Let's all from reality refrain.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...