Monday, March 9, 2009

Trip to Taiping

Well, as predicted here I am, blogging about my trip to Taiping hehe. Yup, jobless is my middle name. Anyway, before I start feeling guilty about putting my assignment research on hold to blog, I'd better get the details out of the way. Oh, but a little reason to mourn in advance, me and the family didn't have time to go shopping :( Ok fine I admit it, we did have plenty of time but we were lazy to get our butts outta the house hehe.


DAY 1
Well we very ambitiously wanted to leave the house at 12pm. Since Joash had school and finished at 12.30 the timing should have been about all right. But I think we only reached the school at about 1.30 :S Sorry Joash but if I recall correctly, us being late was not directly involved with me la hehe. So off to Taiping we went. Only got there around 5pm if I'm not mistaken. Then it was straight on to manual labour. Well now I'm exxagerating. We just arranged the tables n chairs and cleaned up a little. Then had just enough time to shower, get ready and the guests were already there. The birthday 'party' itself was just a prayer meeting la. It went quite well I guess. The immediate family were all involved la. Mum gave a from the family side, Clarence chittappa from the in-laws side, Jennie Chitti just did the opening, Dad did the prayer and Alfred mama was the emcee sort of. Sis, Joash and me performed Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. Or rather, Sis and me were singing and Joash was hiding and playing the guitar hehe. I'm quite sure I destroyed any evidence of the performance la. But I'll keep my eye out for any surviving traces just in case hehe. Anyway, everything went smoothly and I resisted the temptation of eating chicken!! haha Everyone left early till only the extended family was left. With family all I memang enjoy myself la. Talking about all kinds of nonsense and the future of our 'great' country is quite entertaining when my family is around hehe. I think that night I crashed quite early cause got no Internet to entertain me :S And anyway, I was super dead tired...zzzzz


Day 2


The previous night, the whoooole family was debating about whether or not we should go to church hehe. It was quite a one-sided debate cause only Mum was so semangat-ed to actually go to church at 8AM!!! (What is it with me and 8am nowadays la?) But in the end, being the priest's family, the guilt won out and we all turned up at church the next day. With the exception of Jennie chitti and Clarence chittappa la hehe. Sis woke up sooner or later la but me and Joash refused to get outta bed until Mum came n threatened to not take us to watch a movie after church. Joash got up soon after that but I fell asleep again hehe. Only woke up at 7.50 and started rushing around like crap. Obviously we were late to church but surprisingly only by 10 minutes hehe. Miracles like this apparently only happens in Taiping. After that we half heartedly went to Taiping Sentral to check for movie times but the cinema wasn't open yet :S I wanted to look around first for a nice top, maybe a pair of shoes...but unfortunately Dad was illegally parked outside so we had to rush la. We went for a drive around Taiping instead. And you know what, taking a drive there has the total opposite effect of taking a drive here in KL. I mean road rage is inevitable here, but there, driving around is so peaceful and so calming. And although we had great plans for that day (watching a movie, shopping, night safari at the zoo etc etc) we just ended up sitting at home and watching the Commander in Chief marathon hehe. Well at least we weren't at each other's throats the whole day like we would have been on any other day. Jennie chitti and Clarence chittappa left in the evening la. After that we all felt too lazy to do anything so I was just playing around with some songs for Sis's birthday while being disturbed by Joash. Everyone was doing work on their own laptops la (Did I mention that my family of 5 brought one laptop each except for Joash. We are such a spoilt family. Gone are the days when we all share and fight over one computer hehe. And I anticipated all kinds or arguments over the ONE dial up connection but apparently we all accepted the no-Internet reality of the situation). Soon after that, without Messenger to teman me, I fell asleep about midnight.


Day 3
Too soon, it was already time to come back to the hustle and bustle of KL. I admit I was relieved at the idea of having the wireless connection back and my best friend, the Internet. But as always, I was also kinda sad at leaving. As Mum said, Grandma spoils us so much, we practically grow horns by the time we get to KL hehe. So we were off in the morning, and back here by around 2pm. And I've been online since then hehe. Tomorrow I'll be back to classes and assignments and tension and miserableness. But it shouldn't be so bad hehe. Neways my pictures are all still in my phone cause my memory card reader is PMS-ing and refuses to work. As soon as its mood swings are over I'll post the pictures.


Take care everybodie.... :D
ps Apparently my memory card reader has found a way to overcome PMS hehe. Here are the pictures.






Dad discovering he could take pictures with his phone..hehe












This is the new priest at the church grandma goes to..


















































Well this is how my family packs for a WEEKEND trip..hehe
Very 'little' huh?

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...