Sunday, April 1, 2018

An Excitement

Happy Easter, everyone!


It's a fantastic day. I'm off til Tuesday so I'm spending time at Melaka with my parents and my siblings. My sister has just given me yet another nephew, by the way, and he's just the cutest thing. 

Look how precious!!

My first ever photo with the newest nephew. The first of many, of course.
So anyway my sister and her family are here too, so we're all having a nice time together. Right now everyone's watching Gods of Egypt, so I'm taking the chance to quickly write this. 

I've been watching lots of new and not so new shows. Netflix has changed my life, as I knew it would. It's almost like a project, one show after another. So I've just finished the first seasons of Queer Eye and The Punisher. I'd recommend both. 

Queer Eye really is entertaining. Also, Antoni is so pretty I want to cry a little bit whenever I see him. 


Okay this isn't a great picture to show off how pretty he is (the one in the middle), but he's incredibly cute, I promise. Also, I just assumed the show had half hour episodes because they seemed to just zip past. But I played one of the episodes and realised that (holy shit) they were about 45 minutes long each. Believe me, if makeover shows and entertaining people are your thing, you need to watch this show. Jonathan especially, is just the most entertaining queen ever. 

The Punisher is, of course, the complete opposite. 


The promo picture should give you an idea of how full of giggles the show is.

Not gonna lie, I was expecting Daredevil to maybe make an appearance. But I wasn't sure if it made sense with the timeline from The Defenders, maybe it didn't. It would have been pretty cool though. So all we get from Daredevil is Karen Page. And you know what, it really isn't the next best thing. I never really fell in love with her character. It's pretty annoying when people (like Karen and Foggy's characters) give someone so much shit for wanting to be a superhero. It gets old pretty fast, even if okay yes, it comes from a place of love and concern. But they become such bitches about it that it really does become super irritating. It would be nice to have a superhero show where everyone around said superhero was actually supportive and understanding. I suppose Arrow is something like that, but I stopped watching it a while ago. The writing was getting a little two dimensional for me. I think Netflix's writers have spoiled me. 

Regardless, give The Punisher a try if you were into him in Daredevil. Although, spoiler alert, I don't know if other people will figure out the "twist" as quickly as I did. I mean, just look:


This guy was supposed to be Frank Castle aka The Punisher's BFF when they were in the Marines. But I took one look at him and was like, please don't let him be the bad guy, he's too cute to be the bad guy please please please.

Yeah, he's the bad guy.

He was just too slick I guess. Too successful. Or maybe they were making it purposely obvious. Let me know if you figured it out.

Another thing I'm excited about: TWO MORE SONGS FROM MIKE SHINODA'S NEW SOLO ALBUM. 

It is absolutely coming from the most biased place when I say that I love both songs like I love chocolates and spicy food and red wine. The first three songs sent me into a severe spiral of grief for Chester Bennington, but only because I had been ignoring the fact that he was gone. And once I acknowledged it, it was actually the kind of grief I might have experienced had I lost like a favourite, super cool uncle. I did grow up listening to Linkin Park after all, although I have no idea why I was listening to such angry music when I was 11. What was I so angry about at that age? My brother CONSTANTLY FINISHING HIS CHEWING GUM THEN STEALING MINE??? Okay maybe I had good reason to be listening to angry music 😂

Anyway, give the songs a listen. Let me know how biased I am if you feel like it. 


You know all those people watching him sing live? I actually saw his tweet calling whoever was available to meet him somewhere and I remember thinking WHY DON'T I LIVE IN LA NUUUUUUUUU. Why can't Malaysian artists be this fascinating and this wonderful? Sob sob.


I love Mike Shinoda so much, it scares me 😅

Anyway the new nephew is crying and Mom is cleaning around me for our Easter family dinner so I guess that's my cue. 

Do you out there, babes. Much love 💕

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...