Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Desperate Quest

My heart heavy, I begin my agonizing journey
My destination called home, but not so.
Each step proves more difficult than the last
Each breath more laboured
I shiver ever so often
Forcing gulps of air down my throat as my body locks itself frozen.

Halfway there
I am utterly convinced I will never make it
At least, not in time.
I wonder if I could run
I wonder if I should try
My mind says I can but...
My limbs beg to differ.

At last! I see it!
The welcoming lights, the glorious stairs to my door.
At long last, my quest almost fulfilled.

Yet as I walk through my door
The one I call brother spares me an evil sneer
As he claims residence of the prize I so desperately sought.

The bathroom.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...