Monday, July 15, 2013

A Busy Two Weeks

The past two weeks has been a blur of madness. Between babysitting and tutoring and studying for tests and hanging out with friends....I. Am. TIRED.

So instead of a blow by blow account of the past two weeks, how about we just do highlights okay?

Highlight #1
Rebecca, one of the most adorable girls I babysit, finally likes me again!! The other day when I spent a marathon 6 hours babysitting (while the kids were awake and hyper by the way, this wasn't the typical entertain them before bedtime then watch tv til their parents get home) she actually cried when I left, which TRUST ME was a first and a big deal. And yes I did drive home in a braindead daze after the marathon, wondering how mothers do this shit every single day. Oh and the next time I went to babysit Rebecca said my name!! I stared at her in shock and wanted to do a little happy jig but well, there were witnesses lol.

Highlight #2
Tutoring with Juliana has been going well. We have this unsaid agreement to study for a while then sit and have a girly chit chat after that. And then head for pan mee, my new terrifying addiction. It's fun :)

Highlight #3
Creche at church has been fun as usual. Two weeks ago Jayronn, possibly the most adorable little boy in the whole wide world (who secretly hates me) played a trick on me!! When Avean, the love of his life, had to leave halfway through, I tried consoling him for goodness knows how long. When his mom came to get him and I was busy with another girl making a fuss, his mom actually said "Oh look, NOW he thinks it's funny". And sure enough there's Jayronn with the most adorably mischievous smile clearly thinking "Muahahahahahahahaha".

So cute!!!

Highlight #4
An adorable little girl who sometimes plays with Clara and Rebecca came up to me while we were at the playground and asked me if I was their mom LOL. Forget the fact that I'm way too young for that right now, okay. This girl thought that these two white girls with blond hair and blue eyes were my kids? ME??

Okaaaaay.

Highlight #5
Spent a nice Thursday afternoon with Leanne, one of my favourite girls, after I was done with creche and she was done with class. It was nice just chilling at Starbucks and talking, which we hadn't been able to do for a while. It was nice :) AND I didn't even miss class in the evening.

Highlight #6
I've been trying to write a song to submit for the short and sweet festival at KLPAC this year. I did finish one but it seemed pretty bleh. I wrote another one that I absolutely love but to this moment I am STILL stuck on the last two lines of the chorus.

It's slowly driving me crazy.

Highlight #7
I went to hang out with Hannah and Beth on Saturday and wrote the stupidest song in existence because we were all on a Chinese food high called "The Animal Song".

Highlight #8
Went for a play at KLPAC yesterday called Rashamon. When I was watching it I realised I had seen a similar play before. I then realised it had been a past production of the same play. It was interesting. Ish. I liked the past production better though. That one was done veeeery well.

So that's it. The highlights of the last two weeks. No, my tests do not count as highlights by the way, they're more....lowlights. I'll update soon :)

Cheers.

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...