Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Much Needed Update

Whoa. The last time I posted was in October. Of last year. Damn.


Needless to say, a lot has happened since then. Let's see, Dad got consecrated and became Assistant Bishop, Mom turned 50, Mom and Dad celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary, I celebrated my 21st birthday Mafia style, Christmas in KL, Mom and Dad moved to Melaka, New Year in Melaka and 2 weeks of (well, sort of) freedom from parental supervision. I think that just about sums things up :)


Anyway it's a new year, full of old dreams and new hopes and a fresh new positive attitude which hopefully lasts til the end of the semester. And yes, yes it's 2012, supposedly the last year of our existence, big whoop. It'll be a big downer if it is though, cause I'll kinda be spending the next year stuck (yes, still) at UTAR. Bleh.


But Joanna did make me start rethinking my stint at being a magna cum laude UTARian, namely wearing huge baggy t-shirts and baggy jeans with holes in them and not bothering to comb my hair, and of course the magna cum laude UTARian signature, wearing slippers. I started thinking, wait a minute here, I do not wanna remember my college years this way, no matter the crappy location. I want to care about how I look, whether or not people look at me. So yes, I'm going to start taking pride in my appearance again. Thank you, Joanna Saunters Bam.


About Mom and Dad being away and not getting to see them as often as usual, yeah it does kinda suck. I didn't expect to be this bummed about it though. When I got back from Melaka after New Year's, I think everyone kinda expected me to be all 'WOOHOOO THEY'RE GONE!!!' about it and instead I was more into rolling my eyes and saying 'not now, I'm so depressed'. But we're doing pretty all right so far. My siblings and I do the grocery shopping and cooking ourselves, and the house is seriously in okay condition seeing as Mom isn't here to bug us about chores. So yeah, we're doing okay. I do miss them obviously. And they haven't completely moved out cause the vicarage at Melaka is under renovation so they just took a few necessities. Lots of boxes still around here at the apartment and there's still a fair amount of packing to be done. Then they'll be coming back during Chinese New Year and taking it back to Melaka with them on the 27th when they officially move in to the vicarage. Oh and Melaka's pretty all right. I mean I personally found it a bit depressing and Joash and I wouldn't stop bitching about everything in sight but maybe we were just upset cause Mom and Dad weren't coming back to KL with us.


Anyway my break has been pretty productive. I didn't get much studying done, but I didn't completely waste my time. Heading back to UTAR tomorrow for the beginning of yet another depressing semester in the depressing wasteland that is Setapak. Okay fine it's not that bad, I'm just really not looking forward to it. Got a lot of work to do on the first day; fixing the hell that is my timetable, dropping subjects, adding subjects, surviving the horrors of the Faculty General Office with people clamouring to change their timetables *sigh*. It won't be pleasant. 


Today at church was nice though. And so was this whole week actually. Got new shoes last Sunday as a late birthday present. Ah that reminds me, thank you Chris Kumar for my awesome new shoes :D Went on a hike on Monday with Qades and Larry and Shu and Joanna. It was pretty cool. Extremely tiring to the point that I thought I was going to die, but pretty cool. The waterfall at the end fell just short of making the hike worth it lol. Then on Wednesday just before meeting my precious Lisa for dinner, I found a splinter that had been lurking in my finger since the hike. And going out with Lisa, as always, was great fun. Then on Friday Larry and Joanna and Shu came over and we made last minute plans to head out and sleepover at Shu's place. Saturday was uneventful except for my trip to do some grocery shopping with Joash :) And today Bryan and Lisa and Chris and Nygel and Joshua and I hung out til almost 2pm at church. It was nice, I wish every week was like this :) 


So there's my update. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something but seeing as no one's life depends on it, I'm sure it's fine :) I'm hoping that this semester I will be able to be a model student and study hard and do well. For the whole semester and not just the beginning when I feel all semangat-ed about it. I'm also hoping I'll be a bit more faithful with my blogging; an outlet for my grief and frustration will most definitely be necessary once my semester starts. I promise I'll post about something fun soon that isn't related to JC Chasez, who by the way I'm still crazy about :)


Laters!!

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...