Monday, June 20, 2011

A Stressful Start To A Fun Day

I've been meaning to blog about Larry's birthday last Saturday but I haven't gotten the photos from his cousin yet so for now let me solve the mystery of where I was on the Sunday of the previous weekend.


You see, I know Joash doesn't read my blog much. But his timing is always awesome, so I couldn't run the risk of him seeing where I was on Sunday :) See, his birthday was on the 17th of June and I wanted to get him a present that he would actually use. And seeing as I wanted to get him a shirt, I asked Chris to come along cause he was the closest I could find to Joash's size. I know, I know Chris and Joash look like they have 2 entirely different frames altogether. But it was either Chris or Bryan. So Chris it was.


I made the mistake of thinking that keeping it from Joash was going to be easy as pie. Boy, was I wrong.


I've never realised how difficult it would be to keep things from Joash. I mean, he reads my texts sometimes when he's bored, so I had to delete all evidence of me texting Chris. I almost had a heart attack when he came into my room just before I could delete all Chris's texts and picked up my phone. I don't remember ever praying so hard. Luckily he deemed my texts not interesting enough and threw my phone back onto my bed. Phew.


Then on Sunday pulak. Chris asked me what I was gonna tell Joash about where I was going and I confidently told him that Joash couldn't be bothered whether I was at home or dead in a ditch somewhere. And again I was wrong. All of a sudden he's interrogating me about where I'm going, with who I'm going, why I'm going, whether he could come along....OH MY GOD. I never had such a brutal interrogation before. At church somehow I managed to elude him la. And my sister another one. She was supposed to keep him distracted and make sure he wouldn't be able to come with me. And when he's interrogating me, she attempted to ask him to go somewhere with her once and then gave up and proceeded to smile at me every time I tried to avoid one of Joash's questions. She was very helpful.


So after 8.30 service we went to see Keith. My cousin, Keith had just had an operation on his spinal column to straighten it. So yeah we went to the house in Puchong Perdana. Mom assured me we'd be back at church by the time 10.30 service was over. But oh my goodness when my family starts talking....they just don't know how to stop. And while I'm sitting there glancing at the clock every 2 minutes because it was 12.30 and service would have been over for half an hour already, Joash is still asking, no begging if he could come along with me and Chris. I don't know what nonsense all I tried to throw his way but he was so persistent I almost cracked and said fine la just come along. But I refused to give up. So I hatched an ingenious plan.


At least I thought it was ingenious at the time.


I texted my mom cause Joash was sitting right next to me and told her that Joash wanted to come with me. So I asked her to make sure he goes home la, told her to give him some chores to do or something (Since she's just so damn good at that :p). When she got the text, you know what she did? She stared at her phone then looked at me and went, "Ellanaaaa." My eyes were wide open in horror and I was shaking my head and giving her the 'shut up NOW' look but she didn't get it. She went on to announce to the entire room, "Ellana just texted me," and laughed like she didn't just ruin everything. Thank goodness Joash was too pissed off at me to notice.


Then in the car again Joash asked if he could come with me. At least mom finally proved useful here and started scolding him for no reason, making him mad enough to finally let it go. When we got to church I was still convinced he was gonna get out of the car with me and insist he come along. So when I was edging out of the car I kept staring at him. But by now he was too ticked off that I didn't defend him when mom was yelling at him so he was staring straight ahead. So I ran out of the car and towards church before he could change his mind.


*sigh*


By the time I walked into church to look for Chris I was so tired. But I hung in there and found stuff that Joash would actually use!! I was so excited I was literally skipping through Sungei Wang, making Chris ask me to stop embarassing him and probably regretting bringing me there in the first place :) 


First of all I got Joash new 'holiday shorts' to replace his old ones (Which incidentally were also from me) which he had torn and gotten all bloody. It was so much fun looking for it and wondering which one would make him look the worst. We had a lot of fun choosing the shorts.


Then I wanted to get him a shirt, cause he has so few I'm sick of looking at them all. But I've just discovered how boring men's formal shirts are. I thought I was the only one too, until I saw Chris's expression while he was flicking through racks and racks of boring looking shirts. Then came the moment I had been waiting for. Chris ditched me to look at some stuff and I found a shirt that was screaming Joash's name. I got so excited but Chris Kumar that clown wasn't around to try it on. And when he finally saw it, he wanted to get it for himself lol. That was convincing enough for me :D


The day wasn't completely stressful, I admit. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender helped calm me down a lot :D And Nando's helped too. And Chris's antics when we were trying to find our way back to my house :)


So yeah, it was a nice weekend :D And Joash looks nice in the shirt. He called it a tablecloth, but when I told him to give it to Chris since he wanted it so much, he said he's keeping it. I'll take that as a good sign. 

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...