Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just trying to fill up space :D

I was going through some old files and documents today, trying to find some shit to delete and I found THIS :)


I wrote this ages ago, like before I started my degree. So yeah just thought I'd share it here.


A little bird told me I’d be lonely today;
What the little bird said came true.
What he should have mentioned was far more important;
That lonely I’d be because of you.


Why did you have to come into my life;
With the force of a dozen whirlwinds gone mad?
Why did you illuminate my darkness with your smile;
When the darkness had become my companion and friend?


Your light blinded me to all else I had known;
All I could see was you.
Emotions, thoughts were amplified when you were near;
Your closeness was the only thing that saw me through.


Your voice held me spellbound for many a night;
Your words eased my pain and stole my heart.
Silly girl that I was, I fell in love;
The fault wasn’t mine, for you played your part.


My willing heart waited for you, even in agony;
My pride was disregarded and cast aside.
You were all that mattered, or so I told myself;
Sadly my love was not meant to abide.


You left me groping blindly in utter darkness;
You trampled on the very heart you had stolen.
The pain you took away, you multiplied by a thousand;
My spirit, my soul were neglected, hopelessly broken.


The evil pain still creeps in slowly sometimes,
Leaving me with heartache and pointless tears.
The sight of you still makes my broken heart pound;
The sound of your voice still vanquishes my old fears.


For the shelter of your arms I crave in silence;
For the comfort in your words I long.
For the sight of you walking to me with that lopsided smile
I’d neglect the difference between right and wrong.


So why, little bird, did you tell me not
That he would not hesitate my heart to shatter?
That a piece of it will now and always remain in his hand
And if I attempted to move on, it wouldn’t matter?

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...