Wednesday, December 31, 2008

my weirdly imperfect new year's eve...

I'll not pretend dat 2day was gud n well. Im guessing tiz is officially my 1st emo blog post. Am so disappointed dat im missing out on countdown n evry other fun activity out ther. Was supposed 2 go wit Tasha n her mum n cud hv met up wit Sarath n a whole load of ppl who said they mite stop by. Man tiz sucks...
As if dat wasnt enuf, assignment was seriously killing me 2day. Wtf do we ever nid programming 4 neways??? Its a rhetorical question btw DO NOT tell me dat i cant live without programmers n stuf coz i kinda already gt dat lecture frm Miss Yasotha. But hey, doesnt mean i oso muz b handal at speaking 2 da bloody computer in its own freaking language!
Neways i was supposed 2 b doing da flowchart wit nan. I knew was nt gona b easy, but OMG IT WAS HELL!!! So imagine me sitting n staring at da freaking computer language (its supposedly called a sourcecode, they jz wanted2 make it sound nice b4 ppl c it n get shocked) n willing da thing 2 manifest in my brain n magically transform in2 a flowchart hehe. Then wen i found out nan had da sample of da flowchart 2 refer 2 i was dam over da moon ady. Bt wen i texted her, found out dat her dam internet was down n she cudnt send it 2 me. Wen asked if she cud start it off 1st, she pulak din hv da 'sourcecode'. yeah freaking helpful dat turned out 2 b!!!
Conclusion: i spent 4 hours STRAIGHT staring at da computer screen in da computer lab doing da flowchart by myself n sumtimes even dragging Shu outta class 2 help me out. So here's a shoutout 2 Shu. Gosh darling u were so helpful 2day even tho i probably shud've gotten a earful frm u. Thanks a lot babe, I love u :D
Well turns out it wasnt 2 bad sitting in da lab n all coz da guys were sitting at da bak of us n making fun so it was a good way 2 stress myself out n destress at da same time :) By da time i realised i was hungry i think it was 12.30 n da flowchart was dun except 4 da arrows. Who knew da freaking arrows cud b so much truble??? Wen i called nan 2 cum n JZ do da arrows she pulak was eating. Michelle, Anna n Shu had ady left 4 lunch n i was like HELLOOOO!!!! im nt a freaking robot i nid 2 makan too!!! Hadnt eaten anything since abt 6 in da morning!!! Gt dam pissed off n went 2 da mamak 2 replenish my energy. Shu reproached me a lil n i totally felt like shit afte dat. Jz kept quiet n ran off afte eating as fast as i cud. Got SEVERELY in da nid of anger management wen i saw CERTAIN PPL who was supposed 2 b finishing off our assignment sitting down n happily talking in da mamak wile I whose work was ADY DUN was rushing bak 2 uni. So jz imagine hw pissed off i was wen tiz person's work, wich consisted of doing da arrows, finishing da front page wich ony required our names n id numbers n printing it out took more than an hour n a half. N even dat was wit a LOT of assistance in da form of Anna n myself who were both running around like crazy.. N therefore, our assignment wich was due at 2pm was handed in at 3.04 pm sharp. All i can say is, consider urself lucky dat tho we were freaking pissed off, it didnt cum out in da form of words or actions towards u. Oh n u knw wat? In da morning wen i was getting dressed i tot i wud b severely underdressed in my skulls t shirt n jeans. but turns out da skulls reflected my mood perfectly!
Wen we were finally dun, suddenly da guys pulak had a trauma. Gabe did SUMTHING im not sure wat. He did sumthing n if im not mistaken, their whole flowchart jz disappeared. N let me tell u, my flowchart is like 6 pages long. So after dat, no more playing the fool. All da guys were actually sitting down seriously n doing their work. Even Dannis, who wasn't in tiz particular group, was inspired 2 help them out. Poor Michelle luked extremely tense. Then wen they went 2 print it out at news junction, they were gona long enuf 2 take apart da printer n fix it bak la :S So think they ony attempted 2 hand their assignment in at 4pm. Wich was quite bad coz tho my group's assignment was late, it had still been accepted by our dear Miss Yasotha but by 4 she had ady left n ther was no one 2 hand in da assignment 2. Bt da guys, who nvr panic, gave her a call n they're gonna meet her on Friday. Dats gonna b a cheerful meeting...NOT.
Neways wit all tiz drama n frustration going on, I din really hv da time or energy 2 reflect on 2008 n get sum workable resolutions 4 2009. Its gonna b weird n sad, dat i knw. 2008 had all kinds of new beginnings 4 me, wich im extremely thankful 4. Im choosing rite nw nt 2 dwell on da painfullness of many events tiz past year. I dun really wana risk further damaging my already sucky New year's eve. Well I dont wanna hope too much frm 2009 coz hey, let's not spoil da surprises dat da new year will bring. Earlier 2day i cudnt help being not in da mood 4 celebration, bt rite nw im kinda hopeful 4 da new year 2 b a lil more welcome than the last. So goodbye 2008, its been fun n u sure did take me on a roller coaster ride. N hello 2009, be kind 2 me :)

Signing off 4 nw :D

ps Going 2 church tmr :S

No comments:

A Heartfelt, Post Traumatic Thank You

About five months ago, this album called Post Traumatic was released. Three months ago, I went to Bangkok to watch Mike Shinoda perform...